Auto Recruit Logic

Auto Recruit Logic

Postby italianguard135 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:10 pm

Been running some quick seasons lately trying to get my college football fix in. Haven't felt like doing the recruiting so I let the auto recruit run. There are a couple things I've noticed with this that seem to be odd for me.

1.) Auto Recruit doesn't seem to take roster needs into much consideration. The latest example is the signing of 4 QBs in one class when I already had 8 on the roster. In this same class it signed 4 TEs, with 5 already on the roster. Positions that need more players in football like WR, CB, and LB tend to not get focused on until the roster desperately needs some bodies.

2.) FB is way overvalued. I have had 3 signed in the same class, and this is coming from a Nebraska fan and everyone knows that we love our fullbacks. :)

3.) Something that could fix this, and this is just a quick idea, is some sort of auto recruiting settings menu that you can change in preseason. This menu could give your coaches an idea of what to target first. Let you order the positions from top to bottom by need. Let you set a goal for how many to recruit, maybe add a +1 option to allow the coaches to oversign that position by one. Also, maybe give another setting on what caliber of prospect to target. This is a problem I've seen a few times, the auto recruiting seems to avoid going after top prospects, unless it is purely a team prestige based thing.

4.) This is more of a manual recruiting option, but I think the ability to hand out more offers than you have scholarships needs to be added. This would require a weekly notification of if a recruit wants to commit, you would then have to accept that commitment, play them along, or just decline it. Along with the ability to take official visits. I'm not sure what that would do to the game engine's performance.
italianguard135

Re: Auto Recruit Logic

Postby AKH » Tue May 08, 2018 8:40 am

thanks for the input. These are things we will consider. Balancing the autorecruiting is really tough on 85 man rosters, there is a bunch of balancing logic in there, but occasionally it will fall through to best player available, and thats where it can hit various value sweetspots, where some clustering can occur.
AKH

Return to DDS: College Football 2018 General Discussion