rating

rating

Postby Aqua21 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:47 pm

When you are looking at a player on your roster, should you be looking at overall score or also the position score on his score card? For example i have a qb that has an overall of 87 but his QB rating says it's only 52. If another qb on my roster is 85 overall but 90qb score on his card, should i be starting this player instead? I'm slightly confused by this. Thanks.
Aqua21

Re: rating

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:57 am

Overall is more of an approximation of physical attributes (speed, arm strength, etc.) where as the skill for a particular position will affect other aspects of play. Expert players rarely look at overall... they look at individual attributes, including the positions skill, of a player to make sure they match the scheme they're running. A higher overall is a "safe" way of picking a good player, but it's not the best way to optimize a team.
brooks_piggott

Postby MattP598 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:23 am

I would like a little more clarification on this too. For instance I had a true freshman running back who is an 88 overall but a 99 in player skill. You said it effects other parts of play....I'm just wondering where that skill number is derived from and what it actually effects. If his overall say speed, agility, intelligence, and strength are all rated well and is overall is an 88 how is that 99 skill going to chance anything?

I thought maybe it had to do with experience, but that doesn't make sense either because I have a 4th year junior tackle who is an overall 92 but a 76 skill at tackle.... However all of his attributes that would serve an offensive lineman are high. So how would that skill number of 76 come in to play?
https://t.me/pump_upp
MattP598

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:38 pm

The attributes are more physical... how fast are they, how strong are they, etc.

The skills are used in other checks, more position based...

So a RB may make a intelligence check to know to make a block, then a strength check, then an agility check, and then a skill check to make sure they're even a good enough RB to pull off a move.

There isn't anything specific on these attributes, it's just meant to give more depth around players. You could take a FB with exactly the same attributes as a RB except for Skill, and by putting a FB in RB situations they're going to fail some of those decisions/actions.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2018 General Discussion