Player Development Results Question

Player Development Results Question

Postby usfcommish » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:32 pm

Idaho Player Development Results (In-Season Training + Training Camps)
Player Pos Age Gain
Jacobs, C. DT 18 19
Kimball, B. DT 20 16
Taylor, A. DE 21 14
Ochoa, L. DE 23 14
Dotson, V. TE 22 14
Player Pos Age Loss
Brown, B. P 23 -4
Myrick, A. K 22 -3
Anders, A. K 20 -3
Bates, D. QB 20 -2
Anthony, T. WR 23 -2
The above information is what I was given after I advanced to the Red Shirt stage.
However, when I check my roster and those players in particular I don't see any of them increasing / decreasing their individual ratings by the "gain" shown in the report.
In fact the Player Progression chart for each player appears to give an increase in rating areas that I don't see occuring in the actual ratings shown in the roster report.
Example Kimball +16 gain - what does this actually mean? If I take his cumulative ratings change week over week, it doesn't add up to +16 gain and his overall rating remained exactly the same too.
What am I missing here?
I'm new to the game and I have started a league with 7 other friends and we are struggling to understand what we are reading and where and how it actually is applied in the game.
Thanks for your help!
Jason
usfcommish

Re: Player Development Results Question

Postby XxVols98xX » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:10 pm

from my understanding its any skill or attribute with your training schedule also having an affect plus the players work ethic. overalls will slowly rise or fall depending on his progression/regression. so a player maybe has a +2 but that could simply mean +1 to strength and +1 to pass blocking if im understanding it correctly. so its not a gain to the ovr but to all possible skills and attributes
XxVols98xX

Re: Player Development Results Question

Postby AKH » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:38 am

That is correct. At the start of each season the game does a snapshot of their ratings. The gains it lists after training camp gives the point difference between the new snapshot and the one from last season.

On each player profile you can click ratings progression to see how each rating has changed over the seasons.
AKH

Return to DDS: College Football 2018 General Discussion