Worth buying 18 or wait 19

Worth buying 18 or wait 19

Postby frankinho » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:53 pm

Thinking of dwelwing into college football game. Is it worth buying 2018 or is the newer version expected to be released by end of the year?
frankinho

Re: Worth buying 18 or wait 19

Postby XxVols98xX » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:14 pm

frankinho wrote:Thinking of dwelwing into college football game. Is it worth buying 2018 or is the newer version expected to be released by end of the year?

I personally think it's worth it, but I'm a huge college football nut.
Check out this channel, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5FslF ... subscriber
Watch Season 1 Episodes 1-3 and it'll give you an idea on how to play the game and if you think it's worth getting now instead of waiting.
XxVols98xX

Postby frankinho » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:43 am

Nice videos and like your commentary, you should have more viewers but than maybe is due to the game which is not as popular as FM and/or OOTP. One small comment though - the audio seems to be on lower volume probably when you record since i have to turn up the volume severely in order to hear anything, noticed it on the first of your CB videos and haven't tried others yet so perhaps you already fixed it in future videos ;)
frankinho

Postby AKH » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:15 am

There's a free demo with two seasons of play you can try.
AKH

Postby XxVols98xX » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:32 am

frankinho wrote:Nice videos and like your commentary, you should have more viewers but than maybe is due to the game which is not as popular as FM and/or OOTP. One small comment though - the audio seems to be on lower volume probably when you record since i have to turn up the volume severely in order to hear anything, noticed it on the first of your CB videos and haven't tried others yet so perhaps you already fixed it in future videos ;)

Thank you and might have been quite because of my girlfriend trying to sleep. I think like me people aren't aware that a college football game is out there, I only found out a few months ago myself while I was researching when a college game would come back. It helps that those other two had over a decade head start to build their fan base.
XxVols98xX

Postby frankinho » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:48 pm

I'm not a huge college football fan but have been playing CFB games such as NCAA on ps3 and even oldies like Bowl Bound CF and FOF TCY which surprisingly still stand the test of time though probably mainly due to lack of recent games on CFB. Having seen the features in the videos and tried the demo i think i'll hold for 19 version since i'm not trilled about the lack of depth and immersion in the recruiting aspect, seems to straighforward and unengaging for my taste. I have played and enjoyed DDS College Basketball and altough not perfect by any means recruiting in that one is light years ahead of CFB. I'm hoping they add at least same level of immersion and depth in the 19 version as i'd like to upgrade from the old titles above which sad to say still have superior scouting and recruiting. Having said that i like your videos and will watch the rest :) Perhaps do a college basketball version if you are a fan? ;)
frankinho

Postby XxVols98xX » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:21 pm

frankinho wrote:I'm not a huge college football fan but have been playing CFB games such as NCAA on ps3 and even oldies like Bowl Bound CF and FOF TCY which surprisingly still stand the test of time though probably mainly due to lack of recent games on CFB. Having seen the features in the videos and tried the demo i think i'll hold for 19 version since i'm not trilled about the lack of depth and immersion in the recruiting aspect, seems to straighforward and unengaging for my taste. I have played and enjoyed DDS College Basketball and altough not perfect by any means recruiting in that one is light years ahead of CFB. I'm hoping they add at least same level of immersion and depth in the 19 version as i'd like to upgrade from the old titles above which sad to say still have superior scouting and recruiting. Having said that i like your videos and will watch the rest :) Perhaps do a college basketball version if you are a fan? ;)

Loved the games on the PS3, too bad the lawsuit ruined everything. I agree with you there the recruiting on the College Basketball version is light years ahead and I may do a basketball version as I'm more of a college fan anyway. Starting another series on college football but this time the online league that's vs many of the veteran players. Looking forward to playing with you on the 19 version!
XxVols98xX

Postby cbraddy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:50 am

Is there any expected release for 19?
Also I have 17 but never really got into it because of the college basketball game had all my attention.
Would 17 be good to play on until 19 comes out or is 18 just way better?
cbraddy

Postby frankinho » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:12 pm

cbraddy wrote:Is there any expected release for 19?
Also I have 17 but never really got into it because of the college basketball game had all my attention.
Would 17 be good to play on until 19 comes out or is 18 just way better?

I havents seen any mention of expected release yet, but 18 was released in Dec so best case its released in about a month unless they have other plans that is.
I suggest you try the demo which is fully functioning and decide for yourself.
My personal opinion since I've also played and having fun with CB - if you enjoyed recruiting in that one, i'm afraid you're likely be dissapointed. Also football version is missing loads of other features from CB, which significantly reduces immersion for me personally. Think i'm going to wait and see what 19 brings and if its worth it. For now i'm gonna continue satisfy my college football itch with Bowl Bound College Football which has a lot of immersive features that DDS is missing unfortunately.
frankinho

Postby ACCBiggz » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:57 pm

I'm with franklinho. There is just too much missing and/or not up to par with this initial version. And I hate not supporting it financially because I desperately want future versions to play. Having a good, detailed, immersive CFB sim is what I want the absolute most.

Coaching carousel, better recruiting, etc. all need added or greatly approved upon before it becomes a "must have" for every CFB fan.

But I agree w/ downloading and trying the trial. You may really enjoy it in which case you'll still get enough replayability to justify the price.
ACCBiggz

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2018 General Discussion