Why Does My Backup QB Play So Much?

Why Does My Backup QB Play So Much?

Postby jscott991 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:37 pm

I want to like this game. I really do. But goodness, is it weird.

So there seems to be no way to control who plays once I'm inside playing a game. And that means I'm at the whim of the AI. It's one thing to play a second string RB for a series or two. Or sub in defenders. But why does the game insist on playing my backup QB for multiple series in a game?

Is there any way to stop this?

I've tried setting my starter as QB1 and QB2 in all formations and that still doesn't stop it.

Sometimes I wonder if it has to do with the score. If so, the game is defining a blowout weirdly. I've had the backup QB come in for a few series when I was up around 18 in the second quarter, and then my starter would reappear later (maybe after the AI scored).

This needs fixed too. If you won't give us the ability to control our own lineups once doing a manual play, at least stop the game from taking my 5-star QB out to put in a 3-star second stringer.
jscott991

Re: Why Does My Backup QB Play So Much?

Postby TowerBauer » Tue May 14, 2019 4:54 am

I had the same problem. Only my Coach insisted on starting my backup QB. The only solution i found for it was to straight up cut my backup. Since then my starter is playing.
TowerBauer

Return to DDS: College Football 2018 General Discussion