What kind of mods do YOU want to play?

What kind of mods do YOU want to play?

Postby PascalsWager » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:04 pm

The future is coming. The college game is about to be totally different. Wolverine Studios have done a great job of giving us playoff expansion possibilities.

But realignment is looming. And one thing we know for sure is divisions are about to be a thing of the past. The new universal schedule format is going to be permanent rivals and rotating everyone else within conferences. And its right around the corner. The Big 10 and SEC will do it first, and everyone else will follow.

Luckily, the game is COMPLETELY customizable. We can make our own schedules. Its a meticulous and difficult process, but luckily I've already done it. In MANY different permutations.

So tell me what you want to see. I have 14, 16, 18, 22, 26 team division-less (perma-rival) conference templates already set up. The game allows for wide diversity of conferences so we can throw in 12 , 14, or 16 team conferences WITH divisions (I have templates for those as well).

We can come to some consensus as a community or individuals can ask for what they specifically want to play on this thread.

Tell me what teams you want in a specific conference and who you want each team's permanent rivals to be. Or you can tell me how you want teams to be divided generally and I will pick their perma rivals based on named rivalry games on wikipedia. Or any combination. You can even tell me what you want for your individual team and I can fill in the gaps around it.

There are a few limitations largely related to there needing to be an even number of teams to make non conference scheduling easier (non conference scheduling is the most difficult part of doing this). But largely the WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER.
PascalsWager

Re: What kind of mods do YOU want to play?

Postby mickey415 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:23 pm

A Division 2 mod, or something close to Division 2 would be awesome.
mickey415

Postby servo75 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:26 am

FBS!! The basic template exists for FBS and understandably the college game cannot be as flexible with league and division sizes as the pro. But maybe an FCS template can be made with minor adjustments since the rules are about the same, same recruiting. They just have full playoffs instead of bowl games (which FBS should do I think) and otherwise different division and conference sizes.
servo75

Postby PascalsWager » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:48 pm

Mickey415, check your PMs

Servo75,
I have no interest in the snapshot of the 2023-24 season. EVERYTHING is about to change next year. I'm looking to future proof the mod. Come up with a realistic scenario of the future conferences. None of them will have divisions. I already have the schedule templates for permanent rivals + rotating schedules.
As far as FCS goes, since this is a game I can just put FCS teams into FBS. FCS teams can just play for the real national title. Alternatively, I already have mods posted here which integrates some of the bigger, successful, and state flagsship FCS teams into existing and newly created conferences in FBS. Check them out.
PascalsWager

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods