2020 College Football Realworld Mod

Re: 2020 College Football Realworld Mod

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:15 am

Hello, I have released an updated version of the real world mod with the following changes.

- Updated Last Year Standings to reflect end of 2018 season
- Overhauled custom fields and endzone images. Just some notes.
- Still not 100% real life but much closer (for sure don't use actual fonts)
- Used what text is displayed in endzone (i.e. sometimes school, mascot, abbreviation, or something unique)
- Some fields have images for endzone to represent their uniqueness (i.e. Maryland, Tennessee, etc.)
- Created custom playing surfaces for unique schools like Boise State, Eastern Michigan, etc.
- A number of fields had different configurations over time so its possible I may not have the exact current one
- etc.

With 130 fields, I might have missed something, just post here if you believe something significantly incorrect (remember, not 100% real life)

Sample Fields

slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby b1gd51 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:31 pm

Those fields look incredible, Sly. Truly digging the amount of detail you're putting in them.

One suggestion, though, if I may? Some of the 25-yard line conference logos look "squished." Specifically the ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Sun Belt, and Conference USA logos. And the Pac 12 logo, instead of being squished looks a little too stretched out width-wise. So I downloaded all the relevant, up-to-date logos myself and sized them so they would look normal and also added a slight outer glow around them to make them pop out a bit more on the field (preview below).

Here's the download link for them all if you'd like to use them:

https://app.box.com/s/k32he1byk71hsg5pqr3sxt0e5h2mjzak

Preview (right-click and open image in new tab to see the outer glow better):

ImageImage
b1gd51

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:26 pm

b1gd51 wrote:Those fields look incredible, Sly. Truly digging the amount of detail you're putting in them.

One suggestion, though, if I may? Some of the 25-yard line conference logos look "squished." Specifically the ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Sun Belt, and Conference USA logos. And the Pac 12 logo, instead of being squished looks a little too stretched out width-wise. So I downloaded all the relevant, up-to-date logos myself and sized them so they would look normal and also added a slight outer glow around them to make them pop out a bit more on the field (preview below).

Here's the download link for them all if you'd like to use them:

https://app.box.com/s/k32he1byk71hsg5pqr3sxt0e5h2mjzak

Preview (right-click and open image in new tab to see the outer glow better):

Thanks, after comparing what I was putting together, tried yours out and they look good within the fields, therefore going to look at incorporating them. I may have to alter a few to get some of the sizing to work (ones with just text sometimes small), but I think they will look good in the end. Thanks for sharing!
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby b1gd51 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:49 pm

slybelle1 wrote:Thanks, after comparing what I was putting together, tried yours out and they look good within the fields, therefore going to look at incorporating them. I may have to alter a few to get some of the sizing to work (ones with just text sometimes small), but I think they will look good in the end. Thanks for sharing!

No problem! Glad I could help :).

I'm actually thinking about adding that outer glow to a lot of the team logos, as well, to help them pop out more. Most of them already have an outline around them and don't need it, but a lot of them don't. For example, the way the Ohio letters in the Ohio Bobcats logo is designed, they are kinda hard to read on the field as is... so I can get to work on them if you're interested in sprucing them up a bit. Won't be much trouble doing so. Just let me know.
b1gd51

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:09 pm

b1gd51 wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:Thanks, after comparing what I was putting together, tried yours out and they look good within the fields, therefore going to look at incorporating them. I may have to alter a few to get some of the sizing to work (ones with just text sometimes small), but I think they will look good in the end. Thanks for sharing!

No problem! Glad I could help :).

I'm actually thinking about adding that outer glow to a lot of the team logos, as well, to help them pop out more. Most of them already have an outline around them and don't need it, but a lot of them don't. For example, the way the Ohio letters in the Ohio Bobcats logo is designed, they are kinda hard to read on the field as is... so I can get to work on them if you're interested in sprucing them up a bit. Won't be much trouble doing so. Just let me know.

Uploaded new version of mod with these included, I still might need to tweak later but they look better than what was there before.

As for midfield logos, I actually just took the school's standard logo and used it on the field so they may or may not be what is in real life. For example, Ohio's normal midfield logo is just their mascot, no words so it would look better. At some point, I am going to go back and assign real life midfield logos (if I can find them all) which I think will take care of that issue. Just will take time to hunt 130:)
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby b1gd51 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:48 pm

slybelle1 wrote:Uploaded new version of mod with these included, I still might need to tweak later but they look better than what was there before.

As for midfield logos, I actually just took the school's standard logo and used it on the field so they may or may not be what is in real life. For example, Ohio's normal midfield logo is just their mascot, no words so it would look better. At some point, I am going to go back and assign real life midfield logos (if I can find them all) which I think will take care of that issue. Just will take time to hunt 130:)

You can find all the logos here:

NCAA Division I (A-C) Logos
NCAA Division I (D-H) Logos
NCAA Division I (I-M) Logos
NCAA Division I (N-R) Logos
NCAA Division I (S-T) Logos
NCAA Division I (U-Z) Logos

Just click on the team and it will give you a ton of logos, past and present, and a bunch of alternates. They have dates underneath them to let you know which years they were used. Then click whichever logo you want to get a high-res version. This is where I got all the conference logos from.

Couple of things, though:

1. The site uses Javascript to prevent you from right-clicking on the logo images and saving them to your computer. The only way to get around this is by disabling Javascript for the site. You can do this in your browser via the site settings or use the extension Quick Javascript Switcher for Chrome. Disabling Javascript will allow you to download.

2. Some logo images are already transparent PNG's but others have white backgrounds, so some Photoshopping will need to be done on those to remove the white backgrounds and make them transparent.

Like I said, if you need any help w/ any of this, just let me know what I can do.
b1gd51

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:56 pm

thanks, that is one of the sites i regularly use. the challenge is finding the specific logo used on the actual field, which at times can be hard to find. and the rest just takes time to look at 130 college fields to determine what should be displayed, then editing the image to work. if you wanted to give it a try, certainly open to your help of preparing the midfield logos, just couple things.

1). pick one conference to start with and then we can test before you go to next
2). needs to be a transparent png file
3). need to ensure the logo is what is actually used on the field, which can be different than normal logo
4). image files must be 100x100
5). need to use standard naming convention. basically name of school plus underscore plus mascot name plus underscore mf. must be exact to what my mod names them. for example, “Penn State_Nittany Lions_mf.png”....spaces should be in multiple words in school and mascot name
6) if a field doesn’t have a midfield logo just save fully transparent image

would love the help if willing....
Last edited by slybelle1 on Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby b1gd51 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:08 pm

Copy all that. I'll start w/ the ACC, for now, to test it out and then go from there.
b1gd51

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:09 pm

b1gd51 wrote:Copy all that. I'll start w/ the ACC, for now, to test it out and then go from there.

thank you, look forward to it...i’ll give it a shot too. i’ll start with big 10
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby b1gd51 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:27 pm

Cool cool. I'm thinking seating chart diagrams like the one here for Boston College are the best bet to go off of. I can only assume that those are the most accurate.
b1gd51

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods