2020 College Football Realworld Mod

Re: 2020 College Football Realworld Mod

Postby reme » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:18 pm

Excellent work on the fields ! Will the fields file also work in CFB19 or are they a different size in CFB20 ? I use the 2018 mod in CFB19 and only want to use this new field file, not the whole mod as i know it is not compatible with prior versions.
thanks
reme

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:26 pm

reme wrote:Excellent work on the fields ! Will the fields file also work in CFB19 or are they a different size in CFB20 ? I use the 2018 mod in CFB19 and only want to use this new field file, not the whole mod as i know it is not compatible with prior versions.
thanks

I don't have CFB19 installed anymore so can't confirm 100%, but pretty sure they are same size. However, without the mod, you would need to manually assign all the custom fields to each team...certainly doable, just tedious.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:31 pm

slybelle1 wrote:Just FYI that after I am done with big 10, I plan to do independents and then big 12

Completed Big 10 and Independents.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby b1gd51 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:04 pm

slybelle1 wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:Just FYI that after I am done with big 10, I plan to do independents and then big 12

Completed Big 10 and Independents.

Sun Belt is finished. Mountain West and Mid-American are next. Then I'll take the American Athletic conference.

- Arkansas State's logo is pretty massive. Looking at their game highlight vs SMU this season, it stretches from 40 to 40... so what I did was I included two logos for them; one 100x100 and another 150x80. The 150x80 should stretch from 40 to 40 if you want to use that one. If not, the 100x100 is there as well.
- Updated the Coastal Carolina logo to get rid of the white outline on your original one and Georgia Southern's because the colors were a little off on the original.
- Added the red and white outline around Troy's logo

https://app.box.com/s/b6y1zd4uv60ku43jbzv49ig93u79ncgk
b1gd51

Postby b1gd51 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:33 pm

b1gd51 wrote:Sun Belt is finished. Mountain West and Mid-American are next. Then I'll take the American Athletic conference.

- Arkansas State's logo is pretty massive. Looking at their game highlight vs SMU this season, it stretches from 40 to 40... so what I did was I included two logos for them; one 100x100 and another 150x80. The 150x80 should stretch from 40 to 40 if you want to use that one. If not, the 100x100 is there as well.
- Updated the Coastal Carolina logo to get rid of the white outline on your original one and Georgia Southern's because the colors were a little off on the original.
- Added the red and white outline around Troy's logo

https://app.box.com/s/b6y1zd4uv60ku43jbzv49ig93u79ncgk

Mid-American is also done.

- All logos are based on 2019 home game highlights on Youtube.
- All teams seem to be using the MAC conference logo w/o the letters underneath on the 25-yard line, so I included that w/ the proper file name.
- Buffalo has 3 logos. Midfield is the UB white initials. The 25-yard line has the MAC logo like every other team on one side, but Buffalo also has the bullhead logo opposite the MAC logo. You can view that HERE. Both are included, resize and rename the bullhead logo if need be.
- Western Michigan's logo is big like Arkansas State from the Sun Belt. 40-yard line to 40-yard line. Like Arkansas State, I included 2 versions; 100x100 and 190x90 if you want to use the bigger one.
- Northern Illinois: see Western Michigan.
- Toledo: see Western Michigan.
- Eastern Michigan and Ohio: added a white outline around logos.

https://app.box.com/s/jjcwms0jgylrnvpmn9s1spktfbxz8ixb
b1gd51

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:13 pm

wow, your flying....your going to have the all done soon, which is great:)

Yes, there are some logos that fit differently at midfield, but since the game is locked at 100x100 planning to stick with that, even if not the same as real life. Although I could do things different on a custom field vs the midfiled graphic. it would just make things more complex and then be inconsistent when someone doesn't use a custom field. Feel free to keep including both sizes in case someday change mind. Feel free to continue with the remaining conferences, except for the Big 12 as I am somewhat through that...but may have a difficult time getting to other conferences in the next few days. Thanks agaiN!
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby reme » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:57 am

slybelle1 wrote:
reme wrote:Excellent work on the fields ! Will the fields file also work in CFB19 or are they a different size in CFB20 ? I use the 2018 mod in CFB19 and only want to use this new field file, not the whole mod as i know it is not compatible with prior versions.
thanks

I don't have CFB19 installed anymore so can't confirm 100%, but pretty sure they are same size. However, without the mod, you would need to manually assign all the custom fields to each team...certainly doable, just tedious.

Thank you, i appreciate the response along with the work you are doing. I understood i would have to manually input the fields which is fine. I play as Penn State so would update the big10 teams and teams outside the conf that are on my schedule at first, so it won't be too much of a big deal. I would add other teams later as i go along.
One last question, i see your comments with b1gd51 about still working on different conferences. Should i wait to download your mod or will your current link have your custom fields if i download it now ?
thanks again !!
reme

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:12 am

the current link does not have any recently updated fields and won’t until we finish them all. the current version does have fields, but some of the midfield graphics are a little different than real life but certainly usable. it’s totally your choice whether to wait or not. you could always manually add the new ones to your existing league when they are ready.

i don’t have an estimate when we will be done, although b1gd51 making great progress.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby b1gd51 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:10 pm

slybelle1 wrote:wow, your flying....your going to have the all done soon, which is great:)

Yes, there are some logos that fit differently at midfield, but since the game is locked at 100x100 planning to stick with that, even if not the same as real life. Although I could do things different on a custom field vs the midfiled graphic. it would just make things more complex and then be inconsistent when someone doesn't use a custom field. Feel free to keep including both sizes in case someday change mind. Feel free to continue with the remaining conferences, except for the Big 12 as I am somewhat through that...but may have a difficult time getting to other conferences in the next few days. Thanks agaiN!

Haha no problem at all. You've already done 95% of the leg work, so it's the least I can do to help out a little.

Copy that on the logos. I'll keep doing both if a team has a large logo on the field, just in case. When I'm done w/ the Mountain West and American Athletic, I'll let you know which ones I'll move onto next.
b1gd51

Postby b1gd51 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:31 pm

Mountain West is done.

- All logos based on 2019 home game highlights
- Boise State: erased the trademark letters from the midfield logo. They have 2 logos on the 25-yard line; 1 is the Mountain West logo like normal, the other is an Albertson's Stadium logo on the other side of the field. You can see it HERE.
- Fresno State: Same as Boise State; they have a "V" logo on the 25 opposite the Mountain West logo. You can see it HERE. No changes to the midfield logo.
- New Mexico State: Added white outline around the midfield logo. They do NOT have any logos on their 25-yard line at all. You can see that HERE.
- UNLV: Another large 40 to 40 logo; included the 100x100 and large 135x80 for possible future use.
- Utah State: Changed the outline from silver/grey to white.
- Wyoming: Added a second, white outline on the inside of the yellow outline already on their logo.
- Nevada: Changed logo to wolf head w/ "Nevada" letters underneath; added white outline.
- Air Force and San Diego State: Added white outline

https://app.box.com/s/jkkz74w7vtt56w7dehezfch7cp99di73
b1gd51

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods