[WIP] RL Endzone Graphics // On it again

[WIP] RL Endzone Graphics // On it again

Postby FootballAddict » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:49 am

Game looks way better with endzone graphics, so I decided to share those, that I made for myself.

Of course based on the Real World Mod. My goal is to have endzones for each school at some point. I try to mimic endzones that have been or are still used by RL teams. In no way I'm trying to be accurate or anything, but I'm trying to have it at least close. Some of the endzones will still change at some point.

Done
- AAC
- FBS-Indiependents
- ACC
- Big 10
- Big 12
- C-USA - Seperate Download, in case you had AAC-Big 12 already
- SEC - Seperate Download, in case you had AAC-Big 12 already

WIP
- Pac 12

Not started yet
- MAC
- MWC
- Sunbelt

Complete (AAC,ACC,B1G,BIG12,C-USA,FBS,SEC)

Right now you'll have to assign each endzone manually. Haven't messed in the xml files and I don't know, if it works that way, but If there is a way to change that, I'll figure it out and do it, but for now you'll have to do it that way.

How to:
1. Extract endzone graphics somewhere, where you can find them. I'd suggest to do it here: C:\Users\...\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2018\Endzones
2. Open your save
3. Open conference overview (second taskbar)
4. Click on the school you want to change the endzone and open Team Informations
5. Endzone Art "Select" and move to the folder where you saved the endzone graphics and select the one for the school
6. Do this for each of the schools.

If you want to create your own graphics, this is the size you'd need to go with: 77x450 (took me forever to figure that out)

Disclaimer:
You can use all the stuff for whatever you want. Don't need the credit, just have fun.
Some of the endzones may have copyrighted logos, fonts or other things. I don't own any of those and you do not either, therefor you can't use that stuff in commercial way (not that you would, just to make sure^^).
Please don't bother me to change stuff, add stuff or whatever. I did those for myself in first place and will add more as I move on with the game.

Here are some previews:

Preview AAC/FBS Indiependents

Preview ACC

Preview Big10

Preview Big 12

Preview C-USA

Preview SEC

Ressources:

College Fonts + PSD file (compatible PS2 upwards)

font-sources:
http://www.fontspace.com/category/college
http://www.dafont.com
http://www.1001fonts.com/college-fonts.html

* these are all free fonts, i just packed them together, because finding them all was a whole lot of work.

NOTE: January, 7th, 2018: I picked up this little project again. The ressources remain available for those who want to mess around (I apologize for my chaos in the PSD, but that's just how I role).

My small goal will be the completion of the P5 Schools, because I assume the demand is higher, and after that MAC, MWC and Sunbelt - those are a matter of time on my end.

If you want your favorite school to be prioritized, drop me a line and I'll do it immediately.
Last edited by FootballAddict on Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 21 times in total.
FootballAddict

Re: [WIP] RL Endzone Graphics

Postby FootballAddict » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:50 pm

ACC paints uploaded.
FootballAddict

Postby FootballAddict » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:07 pm

Big 12 uploaded
FootballAddict

Postby FootballAddict » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:18 pm

Big 10 up
FootballAddict

Postby millerjg01 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:40 pm

These look great!

You say in step #1 to 'extract' them. How do I do that? I'm not very savvy on the computer.
millerjg01

Postby millerjg01 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:21 am

Never mind...figured it out. Thanks!!!
millerjg01

Postby FootballAddict » Sat May 06, 2017 7:54 am

Glad you like them.
I'll add more as soon as I can. Just busy with work at the moment.
FootballAddict

Postby FootballAddict » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Hi everyone,

I decided to make the PSD file and the fonts I've been using available, for those who would like to have some consistency in there. Since life is a bit crazy here right now and i don't see me completing this in the near future, I think that's a right move to make.

Here is a short instruction:
- you'll find a .rar file at the bottom of the opening post. download it
- the .rar contains all college fonts i have and a preset psd, which you can use.
- install the fonts to your font folder (c:/windows/fonts) or any other font folder your photoshop has access to
- then open the psd in photoshop cs 2 or higher (in case you don't have photoshop, this version (cs 2) is free)
- mess around

The file might appear a bit messy, but I think it is good enough to see what I did there. So you can do that as well. It's very simple.
Have fun, please share your works, so I can add them to the list (and my own game as well)

All those fonts are free and are all available for non commercial use. Sharing them is allowed, so no copyright violations here, just in case. I just wanted to make your life a bit easier, by collecting them at one place. You'll find the sources of the fonts at the bottom of the opening post.
FootballAddict

Postby starks3 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:32 pm

Any hope in this project picking up again now that the new release is upon us?
starks3

Postby ChappyUGA » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:30 am

I made the endzones and have posted in the "real world mod" thread.
ChappyUGA

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods