DDS College Football 2018 Real World Mod

DDS College Football 2018 Real World Mod

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:04 pm

Hello Everyone,

I went ahead and updated the Real World mod pack to use the 2018 version of the game. I highly recommend you use this version since it includes the latest files and the newest teams. Within the file I have also included last years "bowls" file that was provided by another community forum member...this file was not modified by me at all so it is the same as last year's version. If you don't want to use the bowl file, during the install process just choose to uncheck the option to install bowls. If you notice any errors in the file, please post in this thread and provide me enough details as to the issue your experiencing.

What's Included?
- Team Names (SlyBelle)
- Team Small/Large Team Logos (SlyBelle)
- Conference/Division Names (SlyBelle)
- Conference Logos (SlyBelle)
- Bowl Games (vgorilla80)

** The Teams.xml will be updated which means everything will be auto-assigned when you install the mod so you'll be up and playing quickly! However, this will only reflect in associations created AFTER you installed the mod.

Download/Install
In order to use the mod, you have to download the following file. This is a self-installing EXE file that will attempt to put all the files in the correct place for you.

Link (use with latest version 2.0.1): Automated Installer
https://app.box.com/s/ujlkpzxn4l4zv4xr1ly1okspltk7gh0k

** There are some anti virus software that may view this file as an issue. Unfortunately, I can't do anything about that because the file is not well known enough for these scanners to know if a threat or not so they usually error on the side of caution. However, at your own risk you can have your anti virus software skip scanning this file to complete the install (see your software instructions to learn how). Again, use this file is at your own discretion.

1) After downloading the InstallerDDSCollegeFootball2018RWMOD.zip file, unzip the file in a temporary directory of your choosing (example c:\temp).

2) Run the executable file InstallerDDSCollegeFootball2018RWMOD.exe. Go through all the screens and don't change any of the options (except if you don't want to install bowls file, unselect that option).

3) After you complete the install, you can confirm if things look good by seeing if the following folders were created.

C:\Users\documents\your name\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2018\Teams.xml
C:\Users\documents\your name\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2018\Bowls.xml (assuming you choose to install)
C:\Users\documents\your name\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2018\logos (all team logos in here)
C:\Users\documents\your name\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2018\logos\conferences (all conference logos in here)

4) Start the game and create a new association!
slybelle1
Elite Member

Re: DDS College Football 2018 Real World Mod

Postby gbmoore » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:25 pm

Thanks Sly. Working great!
gbmoore

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:04 pm

gbmoore wrote:Thanks Sly. Working great!

Great...thanks for confirming it was working for you.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Dysp » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:07 am

Thank you very much for this Sly, its easy to install and works perfectly amazing job !!
Dysp

Postby gnv9212 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:34 am

Hi - works great, thanks. Is there any plan to update real player names?
gnv9212

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:58 am

gnv9212 wrote:Hi - works great, thanks. Is there any plan to update real player names?

no plan for me to do anything with rosters.....i’ll leave that to other experts if they desire
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby txranger190 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:25 pm

Thanks for doing this... Makes the game so much more enjoyable...

Everything is working fine with the exception of the endzone logos... They are very distorted... Any idea what might be causing this? Thanks
txranger190

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:05 pm

txranger190 wrote:Thanks for doing this... Makes the game so much more enjoyable...

Everything is working fine with the exception of the endzone logos... They are very distorted... Any idea what might be causing this? Thanks

Endzone logos are not included with the mod....I suspect by default the game uses the team's logo or midfield graphic which probably isn't the right size dimensions for the endzone.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby txranger190 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:43 pm

I knew they weren't included in the 2017 version and I never had this happen with the 2017 version of this mod... Appears to be using the small logo...Any ideas on how to correct this?Image
txranger190

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:00 am

txranger190 wrote:I knew they weren't included in the 2017 version and I never had this happen with the 2017 version of this mod... Appears to be using the small logo...Any ideas on how to correct this?Image

Unfortunately it appears when using the custom graphics the game automatically assigns the logo as an endzone graphic in the game, therefore there is nothing I can do to prevent this from happening unless there is some kind of unknown setting/configuration within the custom files (would need a developer to comment) that would stop it from happening during league creation.

Only three ways I know to correct:

1) Don't use the real world mod
2) After using the real world mod - Go into each team's "info" screen and hit the RESET button next to the endzone graphic. This will then return the endzone to the default wolverine logo.
3) After using the real world mod - Create your own endzone graphics (or use someone else's) and assign each endzone graphic in the team's "info" screen.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods