How to mod

How to mod

Postby Zaphenomenalone » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:54 am

I do I add pictures to make custom teams and how do I change team names?
Zaphenomenalone

Re: How to mod

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:55 pm

You go to the team screens and hit edit. That allows you to update pictures, change names, etc.

If you want to set up a permanent league structure you can mod the teams.xml file so that anytime you create a league it picks up different defaults, but that's a bit more advanced.
brooks_piggott

Postby fredreed » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:40 am

How do you edit the teams.xml file like with excel or something like that?
fredreed

Postby GiantYankee » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:59 pm

fredreed wrote:How do you edit the teams.xml file like with excel or something like that?

Use Microsoft Access or OpenOffice/LibreOffice
GiantYankee

Postby loyal » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:53 pm

Modding is easier than that. Just pull the "Team" file out on your desktop. Save a clean copy of it if you mess up you can go back to. Right click the file and open with note pad. Look at the team and conference structure and follow it. I used the NCAA Real World Mod to bring in the actual teams and conferences, then modded it a touch more for my personal fun.

I changed two teams in Conference USA. I moved the smaller Texas Roadrunners team up to Omaha Nebraska and renamed them Nebraska State. Then I replaced the Charlotte 49ers with a new team I made Maine Shipmen. In making the new team in Portland Maine, I got some generic Cargo Ship logo online and made a custom endzone with the same color schemes, Navy Blue and White. I am having a ball trying to build up the Maine Shipmen in Conference USA East. I have pulled off a few upsets with them and have been predictably routed by a couple of larger schools, but I believe we will win the conference enough and improve the conference slowly over the years and change the landscape of college football by recruiting and slowly making a regular powerhouse out of conference USA in the bowls.

When I added teams I broke conferences and schedules some, so choosing some of the worst teams to replace worked better. Keeping the team IDs in place and changing logos and colors is easier and you can do that with just a notepad and paint, and lift some free stock logos online if you want. Just change the names and latitude and longitude in the code. You can replace the images in the code or wait until the game loads and replace them in the team information button in game as well. Then copy your Team file over the original one in your game directory.
loyal

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods