Adding/Removing Teams and or Conferences???

Adding/Removing Teams and or Conferences???

Postby diamok » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:52 pm

Hey all,

So basically, will the game engine recognize and use teams and or conferences added or removed from the teams.xml, or are we locked in to the NCAA format of 11 Conferences and their respective teams?

Lets say I wanted to add a new conference with 10 teams, or wanted to remove the SEC and all of its annoying teams, umm, I mean conference ID 10...possible?

Thanks in advance and take care,
diamok

Re: Adding/Removing Teams and or Conferences???

Postby diamok » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:40 pm

So I decided to download the demo, the Real World Mod and test this.

I did a quick copy and paste to the teams.xml file using the last conference, making a few necessary changes for IDs then booted up the demo, created a new league and the game simply hung and then became unresponsive at the Creating New League popup screen.

I then thought maybe that was just to much to start with so I chopped the edit down to 2 new teams. Again, all I did was copy and paste the last conference info, then made needed edits for IDs. Using just 2 teams, this seemed to work. I say seemed because I have only performed this test twice and have yet to move forward with any of the actual game.

It is completely possible I simply did not wait long enough for the engine to process the amount of info in my initial test, so it still might work with a bunch of new teams. Or, Brooks put some cap on how many records/IDs can be utilized in the teams.xml file, though I have no clue what that cap may be, or if it is true or not. Brooks?

In any case, it does seem completely possible to at the very least add 2 teams to (most likely) an existing conference, or a new conference with 2 teams in it.

Take care,
diamok

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods