Roster Mod and Failed Import - Frustrated New Player

Roster Mod and Failed Import - Frustrated New Player

Postby Slamminabw » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:58 pm

Picked up the game on the fall Steam sale after keeping an eye on it for a while.

Installed the real world mod no problem.

Scoured the internet for an accurate 2018-2019 or 2017-2018 roster file, but was unable to locate either one.

Finally found a 2016-2017 roster file and utilized the converter in every possible configuration. I never received an error message, the file just never "took". Arthur Martinez was the coach of Alabama instead of Nick Saban.

I don't have the time to go through and update the coaches on my own and this is pretty much a deal breaker for me. Does anyone have any updates or resources?

Thank you!
Slamminabw

Re: Roster Mod and Failed Import - Frustrated New Player

Postby gbmoore » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:26 pm

Can you share which roster you are trying to import and I will try to help? I've never seen a college Real player mod, though, so want to make sure it's the right file type.
gbmoore

Postby Slamminabw » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:59 pm

Thank you so much for responding!

I've used the roster linked below. I tried using the converter in various configurations to convert the file from .csv to .json. The conversion was successful but the file wouldn't "take" in game. There would be no error message. I would just load up the game and nothing would be changed.

viewtopic.php?f=242&t=25284

Totally understand if there isn't a complete real player roster out there for the 18-19 season. The community doesn't seem as large as NCAA 13 for console and doing 85 players for 130+ teams is a tall ask. If there is anything with the real world coaches in the past five years I'd be absolutely overjoyed!

Thank you again for your help.
Slamminabw

Postby gbmoore » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:35 pm

Just wanted to let you know I was still working on this. Not exactly sure why the csv isn't able to be converted.

One thing I will note, the mode was made for CF17 and not CF18. The format changed from CSV to JSON in between (the developer posted a converter). That said, I'm having some trouble even with that but haven't found the exact issue.

Do you have CF17? If so, the quickest route would be to import via CF17 and then import to CF18 (you can even do this with the DEMO).

I'll try again later today, though.
gbmoore

Postby RuslanECU » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:52 pm

gbmoore wrote:Just wanted to let you know I was still working on this. Not exactly sure why the csv isn't able to be converted.

One thing I will note, the mode was made for CF17 and not CF18. The format changed from CSV to JSON in between (the developer posted a converter). That said, I'm having some trouble even with that but haven't found the exact issue.

Do you have CF17? If so, the quickest route would be to import via CF17 and then import to CF18 (you can even do this with the DEMO).

I'll try again later today, though.

Have you been any succesfull? I only have CF 2019 and would love to have real rosters from any year. (2016 is perfect for me).

Also can help to build rosters and skills for the possible upcoming mods since I happen to watch a lot of NCAA now.
RuslanECU

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods