2020 College Football Realworld Mod

Re: 2020 College Football Realworld Mod

Postby Highlander424 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:43 pm

It goes to box but never downloads. Every other mod works. Help
Highlander424

Postby slybelle1 » Fri May 22, 2020 8:23 am

Highlander424 wrote:It goes to box but never downloads. Every other mod works. Help

Unfortunately the fact that every other mod works for you is not really relevant since every mod is different and made available for download different.

I believe the issue is box.com has a limit of 10GB worth of downloads per month. Earlier this month, I suspect when the game went on sale for a very cheap price, prompted a lot of people to download this mod, exceeding the allotment allowed. Therefore, it is likely the file can't be downloaded until June (8 or so days away) using box.com, which is how hosted today. Until now, this has not been an issue, but I guess good if that means a lot of people now playing the game:)

When I have time, I'll see if any other FREE places to host it until then but I prefer box.com to other free places like MediaFire because it doesn't have excessive advertising, which sometimes people click on wrong links taking them to unintended places. Plus, I typically only want to use one place so that multiple different versions aren't floating around, difficult to update and support. I can't send by email either, file is too large for my email system.

Apologize for any inconvenience.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Fri May 22, 2020 8:54 am

I have changed the download links on the first page to a new provider, give that a try to see if you can download. Haven't used this place before, but has higher limits and seems easy enough.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Dermot » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:12 am

Am I right in presuming this mod wont work at all in a custom league/setup or are there any work arounds for it? (i realise now that it said in the PDF it wont work but just double checking)
Dermot

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:22 am

Dermot wrote:Am I right in presuming this mod wont work at all in a custom league/setup or are there any work arounds for it? (i realise now that it said in the PDF it wont work but just double checking)

I don't think it would since it wouldn't know the format/specifics of your league (i.e. what teams, what conferences, etc.)...you can try and see what it does, just backup stuff first.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby JacksonLBDS » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:31 am

Hello, first I want to thank you, because the mod is incredible.
Well I played for 9 hours and I noticed an error, the error is when you play with Ohio State, 7 weeks, folder error, I tested with other teams and it works perfectly. thank you
JacksonLBDS

Postby JacksonLBDS » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:34 am

Before you ask me, the ohio state logo is working great, it must be a script error.
JacksonLBDS

Postby JacksonLBDS » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:35 am

DDSCF Error Log
-------------
Date: 26/06/2020 05:57:15
Source: mscorlib
Message: Exceção do tipo 'System.OutOfMemoryException' foi acionada.
Stack Trace: em System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Capacity(Int32 value)
em System.Collections.Generic.List`1.EnsureCapacity(Int32 min)
em System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
em DDSCF.League.get_AllActivePlayers()
em DDSCF.GameDisplayControl.ihiLUucOfgJFaJDYgUVGTcwoetjr()
em DDSCF.GameDisplayControl.EABVTWpCEzGkpLMmxDhniMLxegRyA(Object sender, EventArgs e)
em System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
em System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnCreateControl()
em System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
em System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlCollection.Add(Control value)
em DDSCF.WeeklySchedule.BindGrid()
em DDSCF.WeeklySchedule.FAVIppZUOPvtuaVmdglPcfXHszdm(Object sender, EventArgs e)
em System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
em System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
em DDSCF.WeeklySchedule.OlInLEROhwHTCXNaAEEVDyaZeDWz()
em DDSCF.WeeklySchedule.vXTQelFGsYBpZKpfFculbdEDfltFb.oDgEIomWNSXRccGQNSvcECtywQxF(Object <p0>, EventArgs <p1>)
em DDSCF.Progress.ulUbszTThbeywBdfAlUcmNCWEdus(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
em System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
em System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
JacksonLBDS

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:33 am

JacksonLBDS wrote:Hello, first I want to thank you, because the mod is incredible.
Well I played for 9 hours and I noticed an error, the error is when you play with Ohio State, 7 weeks, folder error, I tested with other teams and it works perfectly. thank you

Hello,

The error you posted is game related vs the mod itself so you'll want to contact support. It is an out of memory error which means something is leaking. The mod images are likely largely than default game images, which likely increases the chances of an out of memory error. Nothing I can really change in the mod to correct since the game needs to properly use and release memory. The fact you played for (7) weeks without an issue demonstrates the mod is working, plus nobody else has reported this issue. The mod mainly changes names, graphics, etc. so if there was an error it would likely show itself much sooner. If you played (9) hours straight without ever exiting the game and restarting it, the memory issue likely built up over time. Just curious though, if you exit and restart the game...does the error show right away again? In theory an out of memory error should clear itself after restarting (and maybe rebooting your computer). Also, what are the specs of your computer? Operating System? How much memory installed? etc.

I would find it odd if specifically an error with Ohio State since don't know what would be different about their images...looking at its file size, they are similar to the other colleges. Not sure if the football game will be further patched to address this issue so in the meantime you may just want to make sure to restart the game every so often to clear the memory or you might not be able to use the mod.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:34 am

JacksonLBDS wrote:Before you ask me, the ohio state logo is working great, it must be a script error.

See my other post, not really a script error, nor logo. It is saying "Out of Memory" which is a type of error that sometimes happens with games when it doesn't use and release memory properly.
slybelle1
Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods