2020 College Football Realworld Mod

Re: 2020 College Football Realworld Mod

Postby Cain » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:42 pm

I'm haveing troubles downloading the files.
If i click on the links above, firefox opens app.box.com/..., but I just get a blank window and it goes on loading forever.
Help pls?
Cain

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:59 pm

Cain wrote:I'm haveing troubles downloading the files.
If i click on the links above, firefox opens app.box.com/..., but I just get a blank window and it goes on loading forever.
Help pls?

I have tried downloading on Chrome, FireFox, and Edge with no issues so not sure what might be different on yours. I would recommend trying a different browser and see if that might work for you.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Cain » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:04 pm

slybelle1 wrote:
Help pls?

I have tried downloading on Chrome, FireFox, and Edge with no issues so not sure what might be different on yours. I would recommend trying a different browser and see if that might work for you.

Problem solved, it was a firewall issue. Sorry for bothering :/
Cain

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:05 pm

Cain wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:
Help pls?

Problem solved, it was a firewall issue. Sorry for bothering :/

No worries, glad you figured it out.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:46 pm

02/08/2020 - Updated to support new Teams.xml and Weather.xml file in the 02/08/2020 patch. With this version Sun Belt split into two divisions. Also updated LastYearStandings to match end of 2019.

You must have the latest patch for the realworld mod to work.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:24 pm

02/09/2020 - Updated to support new patch released today.

You must have the latest patch and latest version of realworld mod to fully work.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby b1gd51 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:15 pm

Yo sly...

I may have to go through and add a white outline around a lot of regular team logos, such as TCU and Toledo. TCU's regular logo (the file labeled TCU_Horned Frogs.png) is all purple, so it blends in w/ the purple team-color background on the scoreboard at the bottom and is barely visible. Same thing w/ Toledo's logo and Michigan State's logo you can't see at all. I'm pretty certain this is the same for every team that has flat, team-colored logos as well. You good w/ that before I get started?

b1gd51

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:32 am

b1gd51 wrote:Yo sly...

I may have to go through and add a white outline around a lot of regular team logos, such as TCU and Toledo. TCU's regular logo (the file labeled TCU_Horned Frogs.png) is all purple, so it blends in w/ the purple team-color background on the scoreboard at the bottom and is barely visible. Same thing w/ Toledo's logo and Michigan State's logo you can't see at all. I'm pretty certain this is the same for every team that has flat, team-colored logos as well. You good w/ that before I get started?

you can take a shot if you like, but we need to make sure they also look ok in all the other screens they are used if they are changed for this one place. plus, i believe there are three versions of a team logo, normal, small, and large. just wondering if all should be changed for consistency sake but again those should be tested on all screens to make sure it doesn’t make somewhere else look bad. my gut things all should be the same because because it would be a pain to maintain individual. for example you could just change the large when and then just use tat to resize to the two smaller levels which helps make sure the same.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby b1gd51 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:24 am

Cool cool. Since those logos aren't pertinent to creating custom fields, they should be easy to test on my end. I'll work on some for now and get back to you w/ the results. I may experiment w/ drop shadows and such too just to see what they look like.

As far as where all these logos appear in the game, here's where I know each is used so far:

Small:
- Weekly Schedules
- Beside the conference selection drop-down box -- underneath Save, Load, New Game, etc. -- at the top left of the main screens
- Top-25 Rankings list
- Team Offense/Defense leaders at the bottom of the main screens.

Normal:
- In-game Scoreboard
- Beside the team selection drop-down box when creating a league
- Bottom left corner of the main screens underneath Quick Stats box (next to the Record/Prestige/Rank/Recruiting Class Rank info bar)
- Association Media menu in the "News" section

Large:
- Top right section of the Team Menu/Management/Information/Office screens
- Player Cards.

Are there any other locations these may be or did I get them all?
b1gd51

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:30 am

Not entirely sure where all logos used but you seem to have a good handle. As for changes to logos , where possible would like to stay as close to real life as possible since would prefer this mod staying close to the typical. Adding small borders to help outline things seem ok but hate to go too crazy on shadows on stuff just to be consistent. Then if people want to stray to create something more unique themselves they can do that without impacting others
slybelle1
Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods