2020 College Football Realworld Mod

Re: 2020 College Football Real Team/Conference Names & Logo

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:27 pm

cdcool wrote:You have to start a new Season, will not work with existing, which is important.

which is stated in the instructions
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Rizzo » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:42 pm

Can’t wait to get these into the game. Thanks so much for your hard work!
Rizzo

Postby markprior22 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:05 pm

I'm not able to get these to work. Updated to ver 2 (ver still shows 4.0 though) by downloading from original preorder info link. Saved these files to a temp folder and extracted to default folder (which is install default). Extraction does it thing but don't see new team names when starting new career. Everything looks ok with mod...maybe game isn't updating...not sure why not.
markprior22

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:12 pm

markprior22 wrote:I'm not able to get these to work. Updated to ver 2 (ver still shows 4.0 though) by downloading from original preorder info link. Saved these files to a temp folder and extracted to default folder (which is install default). Extraction does it thing but don't see new team names when starting new career. Everything looks ok with mod...maybe game isn't updating...not sure why not.

Look in your documents folder of \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2020, do you see the following files/folders:

logos
teams.xml

If so, what is the date of the teams.xml file?

If you don't see these files, I am guessing that on your Windows platform you choose to store your documents folder on a different drive than c:. If that is the case, when using the installer, you need to change the path to point to the drive where you installed the folder. For example, I put my documents folder on the d: drive so I change it to that.

I updated my original post with some additional install tasks/screens, might be helpful to you if you look at those.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby markprior22 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:24 pm

date is 12/29 but my default path is c:\users\myfirstname\documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2020.

I didn't change any default locations when installing game.

Does version of beta 2 still show as 4.0.0.0?
markprior22

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:28 pm

markprior22 wrote:date is 12/29 but my default path is c:\users\myfirstname\documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2020.

I didn't change any default locations when installing game.

Does version of beta 2 still show as 4.0.0.0?

Take a look at my original post, added a few extra steps to help verify the extraction.....do you see those files and folders?

I don't think they changed the version number of the game so you can't tell that way. Look at the game EXE file, the date/time should be 12/27/2019 12:14 pm.

If you see the files/folder in the right place and you have the current EXE....and you created a new league AFTER you installed the mod, I am at a lost as to what the issue might be. Before you installed the latest version of the game, did you uninstall the previous first? If not, you might want to try that. I had some issues between the versions, but they got corrected after doing a complete uninstall first.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby markprior22 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:57 pm

Just FYI, I figured out the issue. I extracted correctly but for some reason, my game path has "onedrive" between user name and documents. No idea why that is there. i don't use onedrive, never set up a different install path, etc. Once I copied the files into the folder with onedrive included in path, it worked fine. Thanks for your help.
markprior22

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:59 pm

markprior22 wrote:Just FYI, I figured out the issue. I extracted correctly but for some reason, my game path has "onedrive" between user name and documents. No idea why that is there. i don't use onedrive, never set up a different install path, etc. Once I copied the files into the folder with onedrive included in path, it worked fine. Thanks for your help.

Great news, I had suspected the path not being correct for some reason....but wouldn't have guessed onedrive being in the path. Have never seen that before myself. But glad you got things working.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby kentcol » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:26 am

Tried everything. Have right path but still get generic names and logos.
kentcol

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:37 am

kentcol wrote:Tried everything. Have right path but still get generic names and logos.

Please go back an reread the first post and ensure you follow each step exactly. People who have reported issues with the installation either had the wrong path (even though they thought it was correct) or they weren't aware the mod only takes effect AFTER new league created. Take a look at the following troubleshooting tips, these are really the only reasons it wouldn't work (unless something unique to your computer setup or issue never seen before). If you still have issues, please post a screen shot of the contents of the \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2020, making sure to also show the exact path.

Troubleshooting Install Issues
If you experience an issue with the installation (i.e. not seeing real names and/or logos AFTER creating a new league), it very likely will be because of one of the following:

- Not running the correct version of the College Football 2020 game (see step #1 in the installation instructions).
- Not using the current version of the mod program (see step #2 in the installation instructions).
- Your Windows operating system documents folder is located in a different path or drive than default of C:\Users\your name\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2020 (see step #4 in the installation instructions).
- Don't forget to validate the extraction process worked by confirming the mod files were installed in the correct folder (see step #5 in the installation instructions).
- The mod will only work on new leagues created AFTER installing the mod, will not work on existing leagues (see step #6 in the installation instructions).
slybelle1
Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods