2020 College Football Realworld Mod

Re: 2020 College Football Real Team/Conference Names & Logo

Postby kentcol » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:35 pm

Thank you for your help. Did everything exact and files in correct path and place. Still doesn't work. Cab't figure out how to screenshot. Will just play without mod.
kentcol

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:41 pm

kentcol wrote:Thank you for your help. Did everything exact and files in correct path and place. Still doesn't work. Cab't figure out how to screenshot. Will just play without mod.

Just extract to some temp directory and then manually copy the extracted files to your documents folder...
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:02 pm

kentcol wrote:Thank you for your help. Did everything exact and files in correct path and place. Still doesn't work. Cab't figure out how to screenshot. Will just play without mod.

Take a look at the original post and try the alternate manual install method...if you do that, should be no reason why it doesn't work.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby kentcol » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:19 am

I'm stumped. The team.xml and logo folder are in the correct folder. And they are the correct files. I just don't know.
kentcol

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:02 am

kentcol wrote:I'm stumped. The team.xml and logo folder are in the correct folder. And they are the correct files. I just don't know.

and you have created a brand new league after the mod was installed? it won’t change existing leagues. if the file and folder are in correct place and you also have the most recent version of the game, then i can’t think of a reason why it wouldn’t work. if you figure out how to post screenshots it might help.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:45 am

Assuming you did create a new league after you installed the mod, the most logical reason its not working is the files still not being in the correct place, even if they look like it. Did you per chance move your default documents folder to another drive? Some people do this, including myself. If so, it may appear you have the files in the right place but not really. To confirm 100% your document folder location, do the following:

1) Within Windows explorer find your "documents" folder that is listed. Right-Click on it, should get a menu, choose properties

2) At the top of the screen, choose the tab "Location"...what does it say in the box as to where you folder is located, especially look at the drive letter.

** The blurred out portion is just my name, your name would be displayed instead.

3) Then use Windows explorer to find that exact folder on the exact drive it lists.....then go into the \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2020 folder and ensure the files exist as shown in the instructions post.

If that checks out and 100% confirms the location of the mod files, then the ONLY reason I can think of that wouldn't be working is that you didn't create a NEW league after the mod was installed. If that is not the case, then you truly have stumbled across an issue that has never come up before and not sure if anything else can be done especially if this works for everyone else. Hope this provides some more info to help you out.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:24 pm

For those still having issues, I updated my original post with a new section that includes a new troubleshooting application that may help us figure out the issue. Here it is:

TROUBLESHOOTING APPLICATION
If you still can't get the mod to work after following all the instructions, I have created a quick troubleshooting application that you can run which will give us clues as to what the issue might be. Basically this application will check for various things (i.e. correct versions, folders, etc.) to ensure the mod was installed correctly and your using correct versions of the game.

1) Download DDSCollegeFootball2020ModTroubleshooter.zip from:
https://app.box.com/s/8p7armrgbp6dflhn2ewgkhlsa0gf13ds

2) Unzip DDSCollegeFootball2020ModTroubleshooter.zip to a temporary folder (i.e. c:\temp)

3) From the temporary folder, run the DDSCollegeFootball2020ModTroubleshooter.exe file.

4) At this point, the application will gather various information and display on your screen like the following. There are (11) checks it makes and for each one it indicates whether it PASSED or FAILED. Anything marked as FAILED would be a clue as to what is wrong with your installation.

**Note the blurred areas are simply where names are displayed, your name would be displayed there.

5) One of the most common problems is the mod did not extract to the proper folder location. To ensure it is correct, press the button for Copy Document Folder Path to Clipboard which will copy the correct path to memory. Then run the mod installation program and in the destination folder field (as circled below), paste over top of the existing value and then run the extraction.

6) If you still can't figure out the issue, then press the Copy Report to Clipboard button which will copy the report to memory and then paste the contents in a post in this thread. If you don't want that to be public, feel free to send it via Personal Message (PM) on the forum as well.

*** Please note, another common reason for the mod not working is the fact people did not create a new league after the mod was installed. This mod can't update existing leagues. Unfortunately I can't really verify you did this with the troubleshooting program so that is something you need to do manually.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby kentcol » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:16 am

Thank you so much for the troubleshooter! I had no idea it was under the onedrive folder. Works now! Thanks for your persistence, you are awesome, Sly! Happy New Tear!
kentcol

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:04 am

kentcol wrote:Thank you so much for the troubleshooter! I had no idea it was under the onedrive folder. Works now! Thanks for your persistence, you are awesome, Sly! Happy New Tear!

Thank you for sharing how you were able to resolve the issue and glad things worked out for you. This could help other users who have the same issue of using OneDrive and not realizing it. If I am not mistaken, at some point Microsoft changed how Windows installed its Operating System by default having the setup use OneDrive to store files so they can be backed up in the Cloud. During that setup step, you do have the option to not use OneDrive but if you didn't change it or if you got a pre-built computer where someone else did your setup, it's very possible it was purposely setup with OneDrive being used. If you don't want to use OneDrive, you can search the Internet to change the setup. I have added this item to the troubleshooting steps in the original post.

Also glad the troubleshooting utility worked since I wasn't able to test it besides on my own computer...it helps eliminate the guessing game as to what isn't working:)
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby JHopkins19 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:42 pm

Slybelle...just wanted to add my appreciation for making the mod and the very specific directions making something not necessarily easy to do able to get done. I definitely held my breath as I launched my first test league and when I was "Air Force Falcons" pop up instead "Eagles" I whooped out loud. Ha!

Thanks again!
JHopkins19

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods