2020 College Football Realworld Mod

Re: 2020 College Football Realworld Mod

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:51 pm

Bump with release update.....

Updated team colors based on a few sources on the web, updated end zone graphics based on these new colors, updated some of the team names, updated some team abbreviations, and added custom bowls.xml file to create real bowl names and attempt a "reasonable" bowl selection process (see bowl games notes in original post for more details).
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:31 pm

New version uploaded, HIGHLY recommend you download and reinstall. If you don't, there will be an issue with your weather for schools that had the real names applied. It was not known that an update needed to happen to the weather.xml file to ensure correct. With this version, the correct changes have been made and should correct the weather issue. However, there is (3) missing school's weather information that can't be corrected until a future game patch is available. Plus it came to my attention there was a problem with the bowls file, which also has been corrected.

Sorry for the changes, but it is still first access:)
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby kentcol » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:32 pm

Can it be used with saved games or is a re-start needed?
kentcol

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:37 pm

kentcol wrote:Can it be used with saved games or is a re-start needed?

take a look at the first post....most things require new league, bowls are the only thing that can be updated in existing keague
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby starks3 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:05 am

Will the endzones from the 2018 realworld mod work in 2020? I know they weren't completed but were more than half done.
starks3

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:23 am

starks3 wrote:Will the endzones from the 2018 realworld mod work in 2020? I know they weren't completed but were more than half done.

You could use the endzone graphic files from the 2018 mod, but the rest of the mod (i.e. team names, bowls, etc.) IS NOT compatible because of changes with this year's version. You would need to manually assign them within the game, which could be tedious (130 teams every time you start a league, unless you modify the teams.xml file yourself) but it is doable. My new 2020 mod does have endzone graphics, but are not real life but do contain the logo and team colors. These endzones are automatically assigned for you though which makes it a lot easier.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby starks3 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:34 am

Thanks for the response Sly. Agreed it would be tedious, I just wanted to make sure they were compatible and wouldn't crash the game or anything.
starks3

Postby Vegas Vic » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:49 pm

Great work on the mod, Slybelle. I'm getting my feet wet with the beta version and enjoying it so far.

I think you did a great job with the bowl games. As you mentioned, it is extremely difficult to mirror the real life selection process. Also, in real life, a lot of these teams play a game against FCS competition, which results in more teams getting at least six wins. The only other option would be for the developer to change the game code to make teams bowl eligible with five wins. That's what Arlie Rahn did with BBCF. With that, most of the bowl alliances are able to be maintained. Otherwise, there's no way to avoid some of the goofy matchups that result.
Vegas Vic

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:59 pm

Vegas Vic wrote:Great work on the mod, Slybelle. I'm getting my feet wet with the beta version and enjoying it so far.

I think you did a great job with the bowl games. As you mentioned, it is extremely difficult to mirror the real life selection process. Also, in real life, a lot of these teams play a game against FCS competition, which results in more teams getting at least six wins. The only other option would be for the developer to change the game code to make teams bowl eligible with five wins. That's what Arlie Rahn did with BBCF. With that, most of the bowl alliances are able to be maintained. Otherwise, there's no way to avoid some of the goofy matchups that result.

5-7 teams can make it if the season results in not enough teams being bowl eligible
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Vegas Vic » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:08 pm

slybelle1 wrote:5-7 teams can make it if the season results in not enough teams being bowl eligible

True, they will fill in if there aren't enough six win teams, but that's where we end up with these weird matchups (like SEC teams playing against Sunbelt teams). By changing the code to allow five win teams to maintain their conference affiliated bowl slots results in more realistic matchups.
Vegas Vic

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods