2020 College Football Realworld Mod

Re: 2020 College Football Realworld Mod

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:07 pm

Vegas Vic wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:5-7 teams can make it if the season results in not enough teams being bowl eligible

True, they will fill in if there aren't enough six win teams, but that's where we end up with these weird matchups (like SEC teams playing against Sunbelt teams). By changing the code to allow five win teams to maintain their conference affiliated bowl slots results in more realistic matchups.

It's just real tough for any game to simulate any reasonable assemblence of the bowl games when there is so much subjective input from the selection committee. On top of that, way too many bowls games nowadays, 40 games where you sadly do end up with some bottom feeders. This bowl season, I think I watched 2-3 games only. And what does bowl games really mean within the game itself? Not sure. There really isn't any prestige or specific weighting given to the bowls games, so whether you win a new years day bowl game or the absolute bottom feeder, it appears they count for the same in judging your performance. With the only exception maybe the playoffs since they are represented differently.

Did my best with the bowls based on some reasonable logic, but certainly understand it will never be perfect:)
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:14 pm

Uploaded new version of the mod with the following being the main additions/changes:

1) Removed detailed instructions from original post and created a User Guide with mod details and installation instructions. Download latest version from the original post.
2) Created Custom Fields for each school that uses my custom endzones, midfield logos, and conference logos to create a custom field. The field type of being turf or grass is correct for each school as well, at least according to various sources on the internet.
3) Created new installation program that combines the mod, user guide, and troubleshooter application into one.

Sample Custom Field

slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:01 pm

Updated today to ensure has latest files released with the OFFICIAL release of the game. Recommend you use the updated version since prior versions had missing weather for (3) schools that was corrected in the released version.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby b1gd51 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:15 pm

@ slybelle1

Is there any way to change the prestige rating of a school after installing your mod?

After the install, I went to the directory where the files are located (Document > Wolverine Studios > DDSCF 2020), opened the Teams.xml file, and bumped North Carolina's prestige up from 62 to 70. After saving the changes and attempting to start a new league, I get the following error message when creating:

There was an error loading the Teams.xml file. Please ensure this is a valid xml file in the correct format.

Error: Invalid Character in the given encoding. Line 182, position 76

Do you have an idea of what's happening here?
b1gd51

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:26 pm

Can only change prestige after league created using the school info screen within the game
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby b1gd51 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:48 pm

slybelle1 wrote:Can only change prestige after league created using the school info screen within the game

Actually, I figured it out... though I didn't know you could change prestige within the game, so what I did was definitely the harder way haha

I copied all the text in the Teams.xml file into Sublime Text and pinpointed the problem using the Line/Position numbers the error message was giving me. It was San José State, specifically the [é]. I guess it wasn't recognizing it, so I changed all of them to a regular [e], including the team logo names, renamed your logo files to match the new names in the Teams.xml file so the logos would match up, and the league created like normal w/ my changes to UNC's prestige.

So yeah, in conclusion:

1. The game wasn't recognizing the [é] character in San José State

2. Apparently you can change prestige ratings before league creation.

'Preciate the reply!
b1gd51

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:49 pm

b1gd51 wrote:

'Preciate the reply!

1) That is extremely odd as I have been using this mod for awhile and have created countless leagues without an issue with that character being in the file. Just curious, are you from another country besides the United States? Wondering if it has to do with the region/character sets of different countries. Otherwise, I have no idea why it wouldn't work for a certain person/computer. If others report the issue, I will look to change the text to eliminate those characters but this is the first I have heard it.

2) Yes, I know you can change prestige in the Teans.xml file BEFORE creating a new league. My response was answering your question about a way to change the prestige AFTER a league was created. You can't change the prestige of a school in an existing league through the Teams.xml file, but instead you need to open the league in the game and then you can go into the school info screen and change the prestige there. The Teams.xml file is only looked at during the league creation process.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby b1gd51 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:38 pm

slybelle1 wrote:
b1gd51 wrote:

'Preciate the reply!

1) That is extremely odd as I have been using this mod for awhile and have created countless leagues without an issue with that character being in the file. Just curious, are you from another country besides the United States? Wondering if it has to do with the region/character sets of different countries. Otherwise, I have no idea why it wouldn't work for a certain person/computer. If others report the issue, I will look to change the text to eliminate those characters but this is the first I have heard it.

2) Yes, I know you can change prestige in the Teans.xml file BEFORE creating a new league. My response was answering your question about a way to change the prestige AFTER a league was created. You can't change the prestige of a school in an existing league through the Teams.xml file, but instead you need to open the league in the game and then you can go into the school info screen and change the prestige there. The Teams.xml file is only looked at during the league creation process.

Ah, I gotcha now on the second part.

As for the first part, I'm in the United States. To be clear, if I install the mod and leave it be, it works perfectly. The league is created and the special character in San José State appears in the game as it should.

It's only when I changed North Carolina's prestige from 62 to 70 that I got the error message about the special character. But for some reason, I don't even have to reinstall the mod to get it working again. All I have to do is change the 70 prestige rating back to its default value of 62 through the Teams.xml file and the error message goes away.

So I'm assuming it just has something to do w/ making any changes to the default values in the Teams.xml after installation. Change a default value and you have to take the character out. Revert the changes back to default and you can put the character back in. I'm fairly certain you can replicate it on your end, as well, if need be.

Thanks for all the work you put into the mod, btw.
b1gd51

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:18 pm

b1gd51 wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:
b1gd51 wrote:

'Preciate the reply!

Ah, I gotcha now on the second part.

As for the first part, I'm in the United States. To be clear, if I install the mod and leave it be, it works perfectly. The league is created and the special character in San José State appears in the game as it should.

It's only when I changed North Carolina's prestige from 62 to 70 that I got the error message about the special character. But for some reason, I don't even have to reinstall the mod to get it working again. All I have to do is change the 70 prestige rating back to its default value of 62 through the Teams.xml file and the error message goes away.

So I'm assuming it just has something to do w/ making any changes to the default values in the Teams.xml after installation. Change a default value and you have to take the character out. Revert the changes back to default and you can put the character back in. I'm fairly certain you can replicate it on your end, as well, if need be.

Thanks for all the work you put into the mod, btw.

I just replicated your exact steps and I did not encounter an error creating a league. Worked fine. I suspect that maybe when you changed the value, maybe something else accidentally got changed or something incorrect, otherwise not sure what else could be different.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby b1gd51 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:35 pm

slybelle1 wrote:
I just replicated your exact steps and I did not encounter an error creating a league. Worked fine. I suspect that maybe when you changed the value, maybe something else accidentally got changed or something incorrect, otherwise not sure what else could be different.

Ah well, that's cool. Guess it is something on my end. I did just realize a few hours ago that I hadn't yet updated the game to the official release version and was still running the last "first access" version right before it, so it could've had something to do w/ that. Seeing as all I had to do was change that special character, it's no big deal either way.
b1gd51

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods