PSA: You CAN edit team conferences, but you need to do this

PSA: You CAN edit team conferences, but you need to do this

Postby kgor93 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:06 pm

You actually CAN edit conferences & what team is in which conference by editing the Teams.xml file, however you need to make sure that the "LastYearStandings" field does not have duplicates. What I mean by this is that the "LastYearStandings" of all teams in the conference should be sequential. You cannot have duplicate standing positions. This will crash the game.

I've done the following and it DOES work:
1. Swapped teams in different conferences by keeping the IDs the same and swapping the other values

2. Fixed the LastYearStandings values.

Here is the edited Teams.xml

https://pastebin.com/raw/xNKkdaiT
kgor93

Re: PSA: You CAN edit team conferences, but you need to do t

Postby soadeathdealer » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:37 am

kgor93 wrote:You actually CAN edit conferences & what team is in which conference by editing the Teams.xml file, however you need to make sure that the "LastYearStandings" field does not have duplicates. What I mean by this is that the "LastYearStandings" of all teams in the conference should be sequential. You cannot have duplicate standing positions. This will crash the game.

I've done the following and it DOES work:
1. Swapped teams in different conferences by keeping the IDs the same and swapping the other values

2. Fixed the LastYearStandings values.

Here is the edited Teams.xml

https://pastebin.com/raw/xNKkdaiT

Sweet thank you i just got this game after eyeing it for a while and also testing the demo out and talking to people so it good to know that the modding is expanding and that ill be able to edit the conferences to my liking . My question is what version did u mod it on and test it on have 20 so hoping thats what u tested it on
soadeathdealer

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods