Real life schedule 2020-21 mod?

Real life schedule 2020-21 mod?

Postby bruhammydude » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:55 pm

Is there a file anyone has made with the 2020-21 schedule to use for your franchise? Hopefully I'd like to find one from before the Big Ten and Pac-12 cancelled their games.
Is it even possible to make a custom schedule? If anyone has it, can you please share it in the comments below
bruhammydude

Re: Real life schedule 2020-21 mod?

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:11 am

bruhammydude wrote:Is there a file anyone has made with the 2020-21 schedule to use for your franchise? Hopefully I'd like to find one from before the Big Ten and Pac-12 cancelled their games.
Is it even possible to make a custom schedule? If anyone has it, can you please share it in the comments below

No 2020-2021 schedule mod that I am aware of....the game does allow you to create and import custom schedules, but for a college league with so many teams I can imagine it being pretty big task, although if you possibly find an online schedule somewhere close to the required format it may make it easier. For the upcoming season you would also need to figure out how to handle any teams moving conferences and such. If I am not mistaken. UConn is moving from the American conference to an Independent, at least based on something I read. Not sure if any other changes like that too which would impact creating a schedule.

I believe the import file has to be in a CSV format with the following fields.

Week Number,Home Team ID,Away Team ID
slybelle1
Elite Member

Re: Real life schedule 2020-21 mod?

Postby nittanybluehen » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:30 pm

You can do it with a simple CSV file like was said above. Three lines: weeknumber, homeID, awayID. The challenge is the fact that you need EXACTLY 780 games (12 games x 130 teams / 2), so you have to replace the games against FCS opponents and create new matchups with the teams that lose a game. It is a bit time consuming but I think it was worth it since the computer generates wildly unrealistic non-conference schedules which makes the game harder for me to enjoy.
nittanybluehen

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods