Draft Day Sports: College Football 2021 Real World Mod

Draft Day Sports: College Football 2021 Real World Mod

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:19 am

OVERVIEW
Thank you for using the Draft Day Sports: College Football 2021 Real World Mod! The purpose of this mod is to provide enhancements to the game that results in greater immersion by using real world information and graphics instead of fictional content for those people interested. Before using the Real World Mod, please take time to review the entire user guide to familiarize yourself on specifically what is included, how to install/use the mod, and troubleshooting steps if you encounter an issue. It’s important that you understand the minimal requirements and follow all of the installation instructions exactly to ensure the Real World Mod is correctly installed as sometimes it can be “tricky” depending on your computer and game setup.

DISCLAIMER
The installer and materials contained within the Real World Mod are provided "as is" and the user assumes all risk of downloading, installing, and using the mod. It is possible that your security software may report a possible risk with the file(s) as each software has it's own methods of identifying threats. A number of security software products are proactive in flagging relatively unknown files (such as mods) or installers as a risk in order to be extremely cautious as they should be. Since the file(s) get posted on the internet and on file hosting sites, I can't control and don't assume responsibility for what might happen to the file(s) and whether an actual threat gets attached. It's each person's responsibility to download, install, and use the mod.

WHAT IS INCLUDED OVERVIEW

1) Information
a) Real School Name
b) Real Mascot Name
c) School Abbreviation
d) School Primary and Secondary Color
e) Conference and Conference Division Name
f) Real Playoff/Bowl Game Names and Reasonable Setup (based on 2019 format)
g) Updated School Name in Weathers.xml file
h) Stadium Names, Dome Designation ***NEW WITH 2021 VERSION ***

2) Graphics
a) League Logo ***NEW WITH 2021 VERSION ***
b) School Logo (Helmet logo provided by forum user PocketScout)
c) School Logo – Large
d) School Logo – Small
e) School Jersey (Provided by forum user PocketScout)
f) Midfield Logo (Special thanks to forum user b1gd51 for assistance)
g) Endzone
h) Custom Field
i) Conference Logo
j) Bowl/Playoff Logos ***NEW WITH 2021 VERSION ***
k) Custom North/South Senior Bowl Team Logos ***NEW WITH 2021 VERSION ***

***Special Note on Bowl/Playoff Names/Logos*** By default the bowl configuration assumes the originally planned 2020 bowl games happened and weren't changed/cancelled due to Covid.

3) Coach Information ***NEW WITH 2021 VERSION ***
I have experimented with using the new coach file that you can import real coach information. For now, I simply changed the names of all coaches (Head Coach, Offensive/Defensive Coordinators) based on what was in place as of November 11,2020. However, I haven't updated information like age, experience, and the schemes the coach uses. Not sure I will ever do that since a lot of work so right now limiting to just coach names. In addition, any coach’s pictures within the game will not match the actual coach name. The use of the coach file is optional, not required to use with the rest of the real world mod.

WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED OVERVIEW

1) Real Player Rosters/Names
2) Player/Coach Images
3) Anything else specifically not mentioned as INCLUDED

REAL WORLD MOD INSTALLATION OVERVIEW
Please refer to the user guide for more thorough installation instructions, but below are the high-level steps.

1) Verify you meet all minimal requirements (only compatible with 2021 version). See User Guide.
2) Download the Real World Mod. See Downloads section in this post.
3) Unzip the downloaded Real World Mod file to a temporary folder, such as c:\temp
4) From the temporary folder, run the DDSCF-RW-Mod.exe file to start the installation.
5) Prior to running the extraction, confirm the location of your documents folder in the destination folder field. If incorrect, change the path. See the User Guide for more information if you encounter issues. A popluar issue is using OneDrive for the documents folder, which you just need to make sure your using the proper folder path for extraction.
6) Run the extraction.
7) Within the game, create a new league and make sure to use the League Format of “Modern College I” and for Roster Source use “CPU Generated Players”. If you want to use the optional coach's file, also select the "Custom Coaches File" option and then browse to the file \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2021\DDSCF-RW-Mod\DDSCF-RW-Mod-2020-Coaches.csv. Then proceed to set whatever other options you want and create the league.

TROUBLESHOOTING
If you encounter issues installing the mod, please read the Troubleshooting section of the User Guide. After reviewing the Troubleshooting section, if you still can't figure out the issue, please do the following:

1) Run the troubleshooting utility that comes with the mod. See User Guide for details.
2) From the troubleshooting utility, choose the option to "COPY TROUBLESHOOTING REPORT TO CLIPBOARD".
3) Create a post in this thread with details on your issue and paste in the troubleshooting report as that will provide very good clues as to the problem.

DOWNLOADS

Download User Guide
https://mega.nz/file/3I4UgTpC#yw8GlL1zv ... 0aZURXuUHY

Download Real World Mod
https://mega.nz/file/PVokEJgL#l5Y9RuCwF ... MexwM2RP6g
Last edited by slybelle1 on Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:01 pm, edited 7 times in total.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Re: Draft Day Sports: College Football 2021 Real World Mod

Postby TalonHIFL » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:44 pm

Can't wait to dive in! Thanks for having it ready to go at launch, that's awesome.
TalonHIFL

Postby Chris » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:54 am

awesome job again sly
Chris

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:39 pm

Thanks hopefully working for everyone
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Vegas Vic » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:51 pm

This is tremendous work, SB!

As one who does a lot of tinkering with the game, I know it took many hours to put this mod together. I do my own custom schedules to emulate the real life conference scheduling, and doing just that takes a good deal of time.

For most people, this isn't going to matter, but for obsessive/compulsive folks like me, there were a few bowl changes that went into effect this past season. The bowl formerly known as the "Camping World Bowl" in Orlando is now known as the "Cheez-It Bowl." The old "Cheez-It Bowl" in Phoenix is now known as the "Guaranteed Rate Bowl". The bowl formerly known as the "Belk Bowl" is now the "Duke's Mayo Bowl." The "Las Vegas Bowl" moved up the pecking order, and is now a marquee bowl between the Pac12 vs. SEC/Big Ten played in the new Allegiant Stadium. The old Las Vegas Bowl matchup between the Mountain West and Pac12 is now played at "LA Bowl" in the new SoFi Stadium.

Once again, this won't matter to the vast majority of folks, but I thought I would put it out there for anyone who wanted to do the minor updates to their files.
Vegas Vic

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:01 pm

I uploaded a new version due to a typo in one team's stadium name field....if you want that change, you'll need to download and install again. If you already started a league, you can go into team config for Louisville and correct the name to "Cardinal Stadium".
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:04 am

A new update has been posted in order to modify bowl setup and logos based on Vegas Vic's feedback. In order to see the changes, download and reinstall the mod.

After thinking about it, I decided to create the bowl structure as it would have been for 2020 if Covid did not force changes and bowl cancellations. Therefore some bowl names have changed to their new names, bowls that were cancelled will be played, and new 2020 bowls were added. The only exception is the Fenway Bowl. The Montgomery Bowl was played this year in place of the Fenway Bowl so I included the Montgomery Bowl and left out Fenway. Next year when Fenway is played, I will add it back and then remove the Montgomery Bowl.

Although this has been stated before, the bowl structure is the best I could make it based on what can be done within the game. It's not perfect, but hopefully provides reasonable bowl matchups based on what is possible.

For those that wanted to still use the 2019 version of the bowl setup, I included that in the mod file that you could use by following this step.

Copy the \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2021\DDSCF-RW-Mod\Bowls-History\2019\Bowls.xml file to \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2021\ folder, which will overwrite the default 2020 bowl setup.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby frankinho » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:53 am

Thank you slybelle. Awesome work as always!
frankinho

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:54 am

New version uploaded. Only change made was adding custom logos for North/South Senior Bowl teams. These aren't real world since they don't really exist, but changed them from the default that comes with the game.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby cfs516 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:30 pm

Will the coaches file cvs format located in your DDS:College FB 2021 Real World Mod need to be a .jon file format?
Will the cvs file to jon file converter found in the DDS: PRO FB forums?

Thanks.

cfs516
cfs516

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods