fcs mods

fcs mods

Postby ricardo2459 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:48 pm

Has someone made a mod of the fcs division? or can you give me an idea how to do it?
ricardo2459

Re: fcs mods

Postby servo75 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:44 pm

I've had the same question. I'd be willing to work on it if there's some team effort and anyone else is interested. It would be a gargantuan undertaking since we'd have to make major edits to teams.xml not to mention find all the logos.

I also wonder if it's possible to get a 24 team playoff.
servo75

Re: fcs mods

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:13 am

servo75 wrote:I've had the same question. I'd be willing to work on it if there's some team effort and anyone else is interested. It would be a gargantuan undertaking since we'd have to make major edits to teams.xml not to mention find all the logos.

I also wonder if it's possible to get a 24 team playoff.

It is a large undertaken and just a few things to keep in mind.

- No, don't believe you can have a 24 team playoff, at least in any current/past versions

- Editing the team's file is not hard, just tedious and have to be careful not to make mistakes as it looks for things in certain formats

- Gathering all the graphics for logos and such, not that hard but again tedious formatting to correct sizes, naming, etc. If you plan to do custom endzones or fields, then that adds to the work which could take a lot of time.

- You'll have to figure out how bowls would be handled and then custom the file. Physically easy but takes some time to figure out how it works and ensure resembles what you plan.

- You'll also need a correct custom schedule that can be tedious to make sure is accurate for your league.

For my realworld mod, I have built processes/tools to help make it easer each year and even that is not a small task depending on the changes each new version of the game brings.

Wish you the best of luck and look forward to what you are able to complete.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods