Draft Day Sports: College Football 2022 Real World Mod

Draft Day Sports: College Football 2022 Real World Mod

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:24 pm

OVERVIEW
Thank you for using the Draft Day Sports: College Football 2022 Real World Mod! The purpose of this mod is to provide enhancements to the game that results in greater immersion by using real world information and graphics instead of fictional content for those people interested. Before using the Real World Mod, please take time to review the entire instructions below to familiarize yourself on specifically what is included and how to install/use the mod.

DISCLAIMER
The installer and materials contained within the Real World Mod are provided "as is" and the user assumes all risk of downloading, installing, and using the mod. It is possible that your security software may report a possible risk with the file as each security software has it's own methods of identifying threats. A number of security software products are proactive in flagging relatively unknown files (such as mods) or installers as a risk in order to be extremely cautious as they should be. Since the file is posted on the internet and on file hosting sites, I can't control and don't assume responsibility for what might happen to the file and whether an actual threat gets attached. It's each person's own decision and responsibility to download, install, and use the mod.

COMPATABILITY
This mod should only be used with the current Draft Day Sports: College Football 2022 version of the game as there have been changes with the modded files, which I can't guarantee will work with older versions of the game.

WHAT IS INCLUDED OVERVIEW

1) Information
a) Real School Name
b) Real Mascot Name
c) School Abbreviation
d) School Primary and Secondary Color
e) Conference and Conference Division Name
f) Real Playoff/Bowl Game Names and Reasonable Setup (based on 2021/2022 format)
g) Updated School Name in Weathers.xml file
h) Stadium Names, Dome Designation

2) Graphics
a) League Logo
b) School Logo (Helmet logo provided by forum user PocketScout)
c) School Logo – Large
d) School Logo – Small
e) School Jersey (Provided by forum user PocketScout)
f) Midfield Logo (Special thanks to forum user b1gd51 for assistance)
g) Endzone
h) Custom Field
i) Conference Logo
j) Bowl/Playoff Logos
k) Custom North/South Senior Bowl Team Logos

***Special Note on Bowl/Playoff Names/Logos/Setup*** By default the bowl configuration assumes the originally planned 2021/2022 bowl games happened and weren't changed/cancelled. In addition, the bowl games are not 100% "true to life" since it's not possible to match the real world committee selection process and/or conference tie-ins within the game

Coach Information
I simply changed the names of all coaches (Head Coach, Offensive/Defensive Coordinators) to their real names based on what was known on 01/30/2022. However, I haven't updated information like age, experience, and the schemes the coach uses. In addition, any coach’s pictures within the game will not match the actual coach name. Since some coaching positions are still vacant and/or the head coach sometimes performs the role of a coordinator, some names will not be 100% accurate, instead other members of the coaching staff were used. The use of the coach file is optional, not required to use with the rest of the real world mod.

WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED OVERVIEW

1) Real Player Rosters/Names
2) Player/Coach Images
3) Anything else specifically not mentioned as INCLUDED

REAL WORLD MOD INSTALLATION OVERVIEW
Below are the high-level steps.

1) Download the Real World Mod. See Downloads section in this post.
2) Unzip the downloaded Real World Mod file to a temporary folder, such as c:\temp
3) From the temporary folder, run the DDSCF-RW-Mod.exe file to start the installation.
4) Prior to running the extraction, confirm the location of your documents folder in the destination folder field. If incorrect, change the path. Recommend using the included "DocumentFolderFinder" utility to confirm, see below for instructions.
5) Run the extraction.
6) Within the game, create a new league and make sure to use the League Format of “Modern College I” and for Roster Source use “CPU Generated Players”. If you want to use the optional coach's file, also select the "Custom Coaches File" option and then browse to the file \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2022\DDSCF-RW-Mod\DDSCF-RW-Mod-2022-Coaches.csv. Create the league when all options set.

Alternative Default Jerseys
If you prefer to use the default jerseys (versus helmets/life-like jerseys), I have included a separate Teams.xml you can use. The file is located in \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2022\DDSCF-RW-Mod\TeamsDeafultJerseys and you need to simply copy it to \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2022\. If you then decide you want to use the helmets/life-like jerseys, you can copy the original teams.xml from \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2022\DDSCF-RW-Mod\TeamsJerseysHelmets to l\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2022\

Document Folder Finder
If you encounter issues installing the mod, the typical reason is your not putting it in the correct document folder location or your not creating a new league with the options mentioned above. Many people thinking their installing to the correct place, but don't realize their folder is on a different drive than c:\ or they are using OneDrive for its location. To ensure your using the right documents folder, you can use the included DocumentFolderFinder utility and it will let you know the correct location.

1) Run the DocumentFolderFinder utility that comes with the mod, which is located in the folder of \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2022\DDSCF-RW-Mod\DocumentFolderFinder.exe after you extract the mod. If you need to use the utility before installing the mod, download the utility from the link below, unzip it, and run the EXE file.
2) Look at the documents folder location on the screen and use that location when installing the mod.

** It may take some time to initially open the utility as it depends on how many Wolverine games/leagues you have setup.

DOWNLOAD

Download Real World Mod
https://mega.nz/file/CMJlSaSK#I6QkfrqAW ... hVTPrmYSLY

Download Document Folder Finder
https://mega.nz/file/HYRAmB4L#bu5N4VCHF ... 9C4xhXm-2A
Last edited by slybelle1 on Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Re: Draft Day Sports: College Football 2022 Real World Mod

Postby mdills » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:43 pm

They announced today that JMU would be playing in the SunBelt in 2022. Would that be an easy add?

https://sunbeltsports.org/news/2022/2/2 ... -2022.aspx
mdills

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:25 pm

mdills wrote:They announced today that JMU would be playing in the SunBelt in 2022. Would that be an easy add?

https://sunbeltsports.org/news/2022/2/2 ... -2022.aspx

Don't believe I can add a team without removing a team from the same conference/division without the developer making a change to the engine. Tried it and although the team got added, the schedule created for the team was not correct and not sure what other hidden impacts there might be. Since not happening until 2022, maybe the developer will consider next year. Plus, other folks might prefer to play with the structure of the existing league versus the future.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby mdills » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:10 pm

This is 2022 :D It is happening this year. I'll mention it over on first access, maybe he can add support for it.
mdills

Postby mdills » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:18 pm

Well I was going to mention it, but I can't create a new topic for some reason.
mdills

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:18 pm

mdills wrote:This is 2022 :D It is happening this year. I'll mention it over on first access, maybe he can add support for it.

Sure it's 2022, but game structure based on previously completed season. I don't suspect the change will happen this year, but you can ask. Even if it does, not sure that I will be changing this mod because others might like to keep things "as is" versus what's coming.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:36 am

mdills wrote:This is 2022 :D It is happening this year. I'll mention it over on first access, maybe he can add support for it.

Just curious, do you know which division within the Sunbelt the team would join (East/West)? Do you know if the Sunbelt is changing the overall conference structure? Still will have two divisions, change to single? Will they be moving around teams and changing their division alignment? Or simply will JMU be added to one of the existing divisions? If I can find a way and I end doing it, just trying to understand what it would need to look like. Thanks.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:39 am

Update the mod with a couple of things:

- Added James Madison since appears they will be playing in the Sunbelt conference this year.
- Updated the Helmet/Jersey graphics to remove background so they are transparent. Think they look better.
- Updated San Diego State's stadium name since moving into new stadium this year.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby mdills » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:18 am

slybelle1 wrote:

Just curious, do you know which division within the Sunbelt the team would join (East/West)? Do you know if the Sunbelt is changing the overall conference structure? Still will have two divisions, change to single? Will they be moving around teams and changing their division alignment? Or simply will JMU be added to one of the existing divisions? If I can find a way and I end doing it, just trying to understand what it would need to look like. Thanks.

Sorry...overlooked this post. Wasn't sure what they decided on doing this year divisional wise. It will basically just be for this year though. Marshall, ODU and and Southern Miss join next year. Then C-USA will be a hot mess.
mdills

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:58 am

mdills wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:

Sorry...overlooked this post. Wasn't sure what they decided on doing this year divisional wise. It will basically just be for this year though. Marshall, ODU and and Southern Miss join next year. Then C-USA will be a hot mess.

I found one schedule suggest JMU would be in the east division of the Sunbelt so I put them there for now and didn't move any other teams.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods