How to use DB Editor for the game?

How to use DB Editor for the game?

Postby nemolee.exe » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:46 pm

I am trying to edit the database for my league save but I am unsure how to do it with College Football. I know how to do it in College Basketball. Can anyone give me any insight on what to do?
nemolee.exe

Re: How to use DB Editor for the game?

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:51 pm

Not sure it’s possible to edit the data directly as I don’t think it uses a database like the basketball games. Only would be able to use the in game editors but someone can correct me.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby nemolee.exe » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:17 pm

slybelle1 wrote:Not sure it’s possible to edit the data directly as I don’t think it uses a database like the basketball games. Only would be able to use the in game editors but someone can correct me.

I was hoping that there was. I want to change the star rating for the player that the game gives me.
nemolee.exe

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:11 pm

nemolee.exe wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:Not sure it’s possible to edit the data directly as I don’t think it uses a database like the basketball games. Only would be able to use the in game editors but someone can correct me.

I was hoping that there was. I want to change the star rating for the player that the game gives me.

I think you can export/import players and recruits from the league office screen, the format will be JSON. But looking at the recruit export file, I couldn't find an attribute that allowed you to alter the star rating for the player. I am guessing that maybe the star rating is driven by all the attributes about the player, not entirely sure.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby nemolee.exe » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:29 am

slybelle1 wrote:
nemolee.exe wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:Not sure it’s possible to edit the data directly as I don’t think it uses a database like the basketball games. Only would be able to use the in-game editors but someone can correct me.

I think you can export/import players and recruits from the league office screen, the format will be JSON. But looking at the recruit export file, I couldn't find an attribute that allowed you to alter the star rating for the player. I am guessing that maybe the star rating is driven by all the attributes about the player, not entirely sure.

Not really. I tried from the players' JSON and it said nothing. Also, I changed the rating of the player... the stars didn't budge.
nemolee.exe

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:14 am

Not sure that is accurate. I exported the recruiting class. One of the test recruits I exported had a 5-star ranking. I then edited the attributes of that player to be very low. When I reimported the recruit class, that player was now a 1-star ranking. Therefore, I think the star rankings are tied to the attribute values using some kind of calculation. Unfortunately, without knowing the calculation not sure how you would ever end up with the ranking you want.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby nemolee.exe » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:09 pm

Doesn't work for the players already on the roster.
nemolee.exe

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:18 pm

nemolee.exe wrote:Doesn't work for the players already on the roster.

Worked for me. I had a player who was on the roster with a 5-star ranking, I exported the players and changed his record to low numbers and imported the players back in. He became a 3-star ranked player.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby nemolee.exe » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:58 am

Did it work editing the JSON?
nemolee.exe

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:39 am

nemolee.exe wrote:Did it work editing the JSON?

Yes, that is the way I did it.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods