Editing Players

Editing Players

Postby theejl99 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:13 am

I want to edit the ratings, names, numbers, etc. of players on some teams in the game. I'm trying to understand how to do this using the file converter.

What is the process to export players, edit them, and then import them? (either to the current league, or to use the file to create a new league).

I've tried to export players from the League Office screen (Import/Export dropdown), which gives me a .json file. I then run the .json file through the converter and get a .csv file. I edit the CSV file in Excel and save it as a .csv file. I then run the modified .csv file through the converter to get a new .json file. I then import it into the game from the import players in the League Office screen. I don't see any changes.

Is there a tutorial on how to do this? I can't do this inside the game, as that is very time consuming to update every player.

Thanks.
theejl99

Re: Editing Players

Postby VitoA » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:09 am

Were you able to do this, I have favorite teams that it would make it so much more interesting to have realistic names, ratings, etc for them!
VitoA

Re: Editing Players

Postby CJacksonCowart » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:36 pm

I'll be the first to admit I am NOT an expert when it comes to database editing and that sort of thing. But, have you tried starting a new league and importing the .json file there? Start new league ---> change roster source to "custom user-created rosters" ---> import your .json file. Let me know if that works!
CJacksonCowart

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods