Draft Day Sports: College Football 2023 Real World Mod

Re: Draft Day Sports: College Football 2023 Real World Mod

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:06 pm

tyronethecalzone wrote:Amazing mod, Thanks man! How would we find the team ids? So I can set the backyard brawl

Can look at the teams.xml file or you can export the database from inside the game and then look at the teams export file
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby clamel » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:17 pm

Well, wouldn't it be great if Brooks would inform how those values affect the setup of playbooks and of course playstyles.
Maybe UI is more important to get inline and pretty. When one modding coaches (as you did) they got a ton of setups that I do hope really goes into how playbooks and styles are created. We could leave prestige out of course but for real feeling it would be great to know how playbooks are created for each team. If it works out from team.xml or coaches style.
clamel

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:51 pm

clamel wrote:Well, wouldn't it be great if Brooks would inform how those values affect the setup of playbooks and of course playstyles.
Maybe UI is more important to get inline and pretty. When one modding coaches (as you did) they got a ton of setups that I do hope really goes into how playbooks and styles are created. We could leave prestige out of course but for real feeling it would be great to know how playbooks are created for each team. If it works out from team.xml or coaches style.

I only modded the coaches file for real names, I didn't mod anything about the coaches playstyles and other settings. Too many options within the custom file for me to remotely know how that translates into realworld coaching and what information would be available to even use.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Jeremy7679 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:57 pm

The mod is great, thanks for the work.

I am looking to create Sam Houston State and Jacksonville State for future expansion. Do you have .PSD template files for creating the graphics? Or do you know where they can be found? Apologies if that is a stupid question.

The helmet and logos I could do with no problem, what I'm really looking for is the field and maybe the jersey.
Jeremy7679

Postby jcomey » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:38 pm

Does anyone have the correct file path if you're installing this into Steam? I am installing to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Draft Day Sports College Football 2023\Data. It seems like I am doing it correctly, as I have the team names correct. But the logos do not show up.

(Edit: The NCAA logo comes up, as do correct player photos. But no team logos. The board has reached its attachment quota for the day, but here is a link:

https://share.icloud.com/photos/061BVAV62tnIQKEFbld_tcUVw

(I should note that I am running Parallels on a MacBook Pro. I did get the logos to come up before, which is why this is confounding me now.)
jcomey

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:42 am

jcomey wrote:Does anyone have the correct file path if you're installing this into Steam? I am installing to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Draft Day Sports College Football 2023\Data. It seems like I am doing it correctly, as I have the team names correct. But the logos do not show up.

(Edit: The NCAA logo comes up, as do correct player photos. But no team logos. The board has reached its attachment quota for the day, but here is a link:

(I should note that I am running Parallels on a MacBook Pro. I did get the logos to come up before, which is why this is confounding me now.)

There is no different install path for steam and non steam, mods share the same document folder. It’s an issue with your Mac setup. From the game’s help guide.

10. If you are using Mac with Parallels to run the game, and have issues with file access, or logos not appearing: Make sure your documents folder is set to the windows user's doc folder. i.e. change \\Mac\Home\Documents to c:\users\*username*\Documents
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:04 am

Jeremy7679 wrote:The mod is great, thanks for the work.

I am looking to create Sam Houston State and Jacksonville State for future expansion. Do you have .PSD template files for creating the graphics? Or do you know where they can be found? Apologies if that is a stupid question.

The helmet and logos I could do with no problem, what I'm really looking for is the field and maybe the jersey.

no, I don't use templates for the fields as I created my own program that builds them from various pieces of information. Jerseys was donated from a previous forum member and as schools have been added, I have modified existing jerseys to work with the new schools. At some point, I'll add these two schools to the real world mod, but probably not until after the season since most people prefer playing with the actual setup to start. Plus if I am not mistaken, besides the addition of the two schools, quite a bit of conference movement next year. Time permitting, my goal is to change the jersey's, helmets, etc. by the time the next year's version out but it's a pretty big job with 130+ schools.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby jcomey » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:48 am

slybelle1 wrote:
jcomey wrote:Does anyone have the correct file path if you're installing this into Steam? I am installing to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Draft Day Sports College Football 2023\Data. It seems like I am doing it correctly, as I have the team names correct. But the logos do not show up.

There is no different install path for steam and non steam, mods share the same document folder. It’s an issue with your Mac setup. From the game’s help guide.

10. If you are using Mac with Parallels to run the game, and have issues with file access, or logos not appearing: Make sure your documents folder is set to the windows user's doc folder. i.e. change \\Mac\Home\Documents to c:\users\*username*\Documents

These things are a bit abstract for me, unfortunately. I installed to C:\Users\Comey\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2023, as that is the default in the program. I then created a league, and still have broken logos.

Should I be backing it up to just Users\Comey\Documents?
jcomey

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:06 am

jcomey wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:

These things are a bit abstract for me, unfortunately. I installed to C:\Users\Comey\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2023, as that is the default in the program. I then created a league, and still have broken logos.

Should I be backing it up to just Users\Comey\Documents?

It's not an issue where your installing it, it's how your folder is configured on the MAc itself. I am not a Mac person so I can't really provide more details than what I pasted above from the help guide. Several other people have had this issue, but after making that change they got it working.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby 2ksensei » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:40 am

I'm having trouble getting this mod to work, i have downloaded and extracted it into 2 different folders now, and used the folder finder tool to see what im doing wrong, but no matter what i do the teams are still the base teams in the game and nothing changes. I have gotten the coach mod to work, but that is the only thing that seems to work for me.
2ksensei

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods