Draft Day Sports: College Football 2023 Real World Mod

Re: Draft Day Sports: College Football 2023 Real World Mod

Postby Bobbydansker » Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:59 pm

Yah, its just the logo that appears next to the name in the rankings/standings, or that appears in upper left nearr school name, that is missing. Field, player uniform, mascot name, etc all comes thru fine. Did a full uninstall of both the main game and the mod and same thing happens.
Doesnt make it unplayable in anyway, just wanted to check and see if you knew of a workaround. Cant post a pic here but I put on in the mod section of the discord.
Thanks!!
Bobbydansker

Postby nuwildcat » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:05 pm

I am contemplating creating an updated coach file but I cannot get yours to work. Before I spend time creating one using yours as a template, I'd like to get your version to load. I have tried multiple times to create a league using the coaches csv file included in the mod, but fictional coaches are still created. Has anyone gotten the file to work in 23?
nuwildcat

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:12 pm

nuwildcat wrote:I am contemplating creating an updated coach file but I cannot get yours to work. Before I spend time creating one using yours as a template, I'd like to get your version to load. I have tried multiple times to create a league using the coaches csv file included in the mod, but fictional coaches are still created. Has anyone gotten the file to work in 23?

Works absolutely fine for me....on the league creation screen, the selection of the coach file can be tricky. After selecting the file, make sure to move off the field and ensure the teaxt shows below it.

slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:24 pm

Bobbydansker wrote:Yah, its just the logo that appears next to the name in the rankings/standings, or that appears in upper left nearr school name, that is missing. Field, player uniform, mascot name, etc all comes thru fine. Did a full uninstall of both the main game and the mod and same thing happens.
Doesnt make it unplayable in anyway, just wanted to check and see if you knew of a workaround. Cant post a pic here but I put on in the mod section of the discord.
Thanks!!

Run the utility posted in the first post for troubleshooting and post the screen shot of the results. This will ensure your installing the mod in the correct location.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby nuwildcat » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:43 pm

The graphic mod works perfectly. I have done exactly as you mentioned but it still doesn't work. I tried to attach a screenshot but I am getting an error message on this board saying "the board attachment quota has been reached." When I create a league, I select the coach file from the mod and then league is created without error messages. When I start the league all of the coaches are still fictional. Thoughts?
nuwildcat

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:51 pm

nuwildcat wrote:The graphic mod works perfectly. I have done exactly as you mentioned but it still doesn't work. I tried to attach a screenshot but I am getting an error message on this board saying "the board attachment quota has been reached." When I create a league, I select the coach file from the mod and then league is created without error messages. When I start the league all of the coaches are still fictional. Thoughts?

Only the same one I mentioned...have to make sure the text shows on the league screen pointing to the actual coach file under the drop down. Make sure you move your cursor off the coach file selection field. Also after selecting the coach file the first time, I actually select the file a second time to be double-sure. I just did it multiple times and seems to be working fine. Just to be clear, my mod only changes coach's names, nothing else. For some reason the coach file selection in the league creation screen is sensitive so just need to ensure the text shows and recommend selecting twice to be sure.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby clamel » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:30 am

Have you made any changes in teams.xml file. Beside the college names, logos and such. ?
I mean these
Tempo="Fast" PlayStyle="PassFocused" Prestige="82"
I fear these values do setup what kind of playbook the imaginary coaches create when you startup the game. I don't think the game AI creates a coach that are run-oriented when the team is mentioned as PassFocused. I might be wrong, but it's a thought.
I know it's a massive work to get all the teams correct and I doubt even the file coming in the download from Wolverine is even edited over the years.
Still I hope perhaps you looked over the Prestige at least.
Long time ago I understood that Prestige really got some levels hidden that makes it even possible for teams to recruit players in the higher levels, blue chip players like. Lower prestige teams shouldn't be able to recruit four- or five-star players IMHO. And we all know prestige at the start of the game is important since hopefully it will not go up or down very much each season. It takes time to move a team up the "ladder"

Then don't we all wish College Football got the same oppertunity to edit Colleges history and even coaches (if modded) backwards. Now all teams are at scratch when one start a save, which is sad in my eyes. This company basketball game got this added in so why not the football game ????
clamel

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:37 am

clamel wrote:Have you made any changes in teams.xml file. Beside the college names, logos and such. ?
I mean these
Tempo="Fast" PlayStyle="PassFocused" Prestige="82"
I fear these values do setup what kind of playbook the imaginary coaches create when you startup the game. I don't think the game AI creates a coach that are run-oriented when the team is mentioned as PassFocused. I might be wrong, but it's a thought.
I know it's a massive work to get all the teams correct and I doubt even the file coming in the download from Wolverine is even edited over the years.
Still I hope perhaps you looked over the Prestige at least.
Long time ago I understood that Prestige really got some levels hidden that makes it even possible for teams to recruit players in the higher levels, blue chip players like. Lower prestige teams shouldn't be able to recruit four- or five-star players IMHO. And we all know prestige at the start of the game is important since hopefully it will not go up or down very much each season. It takes time to move a team up the "ladder"

Then don't we all wish College Football got the same oppertunity to edit Colleges history and even coaches (if modded) backwards. Now all teams are at scratch when one start a save, which is sad in my eyes. This company basketball game got this added in so why not the football game ????

No, I made no changes to any options related to prestige, play style, tempo. Without having a deep understanding of how the game uses those ratings and the possible values (i.e. what real world stat does each equate too), it would be subjective and for a mod I don't like changing core things based on my thoughts only. What would prestige be based on and how correlate to what the game thinks? It might be easier for tempo and play style if it was made available by the developer as to which real world information that would best relate to. For example on play style, to be pass focused what real world ration of pass/run would it be?
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:13 pm

New version posted. Realized the default setup for the game is to have some of the conferences setup where their conference championship winner would automatically make the playoffs. Don't think everyone would want to play that way so I have turned that off in the mod. If that is something you want, easy enough to go into the league options screen and turn it on within your game. The first post has the updated link.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby tyronethecalzone » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:59 am

Amazing mod, Thanks man! How would we find the team ids? So I can set the backyard brawl
Dynasties:
Kentucky the lost team in the SEC
tyronethecalzone

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods