Draft Day Sports: College Football 2023 Real World Mod

Re: Draft Day Sports: College Football 2023 Real World Mod

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:43 am

2ksensei wrote:I'm having trouble getting this mod to work, i have downloaded and extracted it into 2 different folders now, and used the folder finder tool to see what im doing wrong, but no matter what i do the teams are still the base teams in the game and nothing changes. I have gotten the coach mod to work, but that is the only thing that seems to work for me.

Likely still not installing into the correct folder, if the team names aren't even showing up. You said you used the document folder finder utility, please provide a screenshot of that tool so I can see what it is saying. If not comfortable posting here, at least send it to me via PM. Are you on a Windows PC or Mac?

Most common reason is people have their documents folder in a non-standard location such as on a different drive than c: or using OneDrive.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby jcomey » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:56 pm

Unfortunately, I keep running into the same issue; I simply cannot figure it out.
jcomey

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:13 pm

jcomey wrote:Unfortunately, I keep running into the same issue; I simply cannot figure it out.

Did you make the necessary Mac documents folder changes (not in the installer, but on the Mac itself)? Your issue is different than the other person's issue.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby jcomey » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:30 pm

slybelle1 wrote:
jcomey wrote:Unfortunately, I keep running into the same issue; I simply cannot figure it out.

Did you make the necessary Mac documents folder changes (not in the installer, but on the Mac itself)? Your issue is different than the other person's issue.

I did. I've actually installed the mod in three different locations:

Mac\Documents
C:\Users\Comey\Documents\
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\DDSCF23\Data

I can see the player unis. I can see the NCAA logo. The only things that don't come up are the helmet logos. (I just tried it once more; still no helmets.)

There is another weird error I get, where it says the game cannot save my league because it's in use in another location. That's one I really don't get, because it's obviously not open anywhere else.
jcomey

Postby jcomey » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:51 pm

Just to tie this up before I go to bed...I deleted all versions of the mod, then pointed it at C:\Users\Comey\Documents. It doesn't install any files into the Wolverine Studios folder...it all installs outside of it.

And, once again, no logos. This time, I got team names, but that was it.

I'm seriously at a loss; I think I'm doing what you're telling me to do (which is to point the mod to install to C:\Users\Comey\Documents, not Mac\Documents or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DDSCF23\Data, but clearly, there is a disconnect on my end.

I know I said this before, but it's all the more frustrating that I had the logos working, before Parallels hit me with the hidden cursor error, and I uninstalled it all and reinstalled.

Tomorrow's a new day. Here's hoping I wake up and something clicks, and I get this settled.
jcomey

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:00 am

jcomey wrote:Just to tie this up before I go to bed...I deleted all versions of the mod, then pointed it at C:\Users\Comey\Documents. It doesn't install any files into the Wolverine Studios folder...it all installs outside of it.

And, once again, no logos. This time, I got team names, but that was it.

I'm seriously at a loss; I think I'm doing what you're telling me to do (which is to point the mod to install to C:\Users\Comey\Documents, not Mac\Documents or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DDSCF23\Data, but clearly, there is a disconnect on my end.

I know I said this before, but it's all the more frustrating that I had the logos working, before Parallels hit me with the hidden cursor error, and I uninstalled it all and reinstalled.

Tomorrow's a new day. Here's hoping I wake up and something clicks, and I get this settled.

Let's try this again as I am not sure we are on the same page about the issue. Here is the information from the help guide just so we are on the same page.

10. If you are using Mac with Parallels to run the game, and have issues with file access, or logos not appearing: Make sure your documents folder is set to the windows user's doc folder. i.e. change \\Mac\Home\Documents to c:\users\*username*\Documents

This IS NOT about where your physically extracting the mod into a folder. It's about changing where your Mac machine is looking to find the document folder itself regardless of the mod. So when you answered "I did" to my question as to whether you have done this, just to be clear have you changed some setting on the Mac machine itself to identify where the Mac should find the correct documents folder? Again, this is not about where you extracted the mod, but actually made a setting change on the Mac. I suspect that hasn't been done yet and the reason the issue remains. If you haven't done this and not sure how to do it, I would recommend "Googling" for instructions that could help you. I don't own a Mac myself and not an expert on it, so I can't completely tell you how to do it myself.

With that said, doing a quick search myself, this article might give you some ideas although again with me not being a Mac person not 100% sure. But sounds like by default the documents folder is shared between the Mac and Windows instance. Disabling the Shared Profile (at least for the documents folder) is possibly what needs to be done to resolve the issue. Again, not sure but possibly worth a shot and maybe other Mac Parallel users who have had this issue before will jump in and provide more guidance or you can try opening a support ticket with the company and maybe they can provide more information.

https://kb.parallels.com/6912

After you make the Mac setting change, then when you install the mod, the extraction path that should be shown when installing the mod should be:

C:\Users\Comey\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2023\, which was none of the three folders you listed as trying. It must be this path.

Once both of those things have been done correctly and you create a new league with the settings posted in the installation instructions, everything should work as intended.

Sorry that your frustrated with installing the mod, but there is nothing I can change about the mod that would make it different as the issue your facing is between the Mac and the game itself, not the mod.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby jcomey » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:31 am

Okay, that makes more sense. And I'm not frustrated with anything other than my own inability to grasp it. I'm very new to MacOS, and when I'm not able to visually grasp some concepts, it makes me miss things I ordinarily would not.

I will review what you've read and look into what settings I need to change. I really appreciate your help.
jcomey

Postby jcomey » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:00 am

......and I'm up and running with all pieces together.

Seriously, thank you. I knew I was missing something, and even thought that what you said was the case...but I couldn't figure out how to figure it out. (And I'm a Social Studies teacher...consulting the Google is my thing.)

You made my day with your suggestion this morning.
jcomey

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:21 am

jcomey wrote:......and I'm up and running with all pieces together.

Seriously, thank you. I knew I was missing something, and even thought that what you said was the case...but I couldn't figure out how to figure it out. (And I'm a Social Studies teacher...consulting the Google is my thing.)

You made my day with your suggestion this morning.

Great, glad it worked. Enjoy the game and the mod.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Jeremy7679 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:36 am

Don't claim to be a graphic expert, but I nicked up some files you are free to use later.

First the James Madison helmet was bugging me, so I made one using the template I assume was used to create all the other ones in your file:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/takv9453 ... s.png/file

The next couple files are graphics for the future teams (logos, fields, helmets, etc):

Jacksonville State:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/yezc72bk ... e.rar/file

Sam Houston State:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/drfg4e1q ... e.rar/file
Jeremy7679

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods