Realigned Super-Conference Mod (No Divisions)

Realigned Super-Conference Mod (No Divisions)

Postby PascalsWager » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:19 pm

This mod tries to attempt simulate what a super conference future of college football would look like.

FBS and FCS are merged so that you have a consolidated 176 team Division 1. They are divided into Eight, 22 team conferences divided entirely by geography. There are NO divisions. Every team plays 5 annual rivals and 4 of the others rotating in a 4 year span. Every player in a 4 year career gets to play every conference mate at least once.

The 4 Super-Conferences are made with the following considerations:
All states are represented by at least their state land grant institution (usually University of _____). The Vermont Catamounts and Alaska (Fairbanks) Nanooks have invested into football programs. Most states also get their morrill act schools (_______ State University usually).
Every team from the same state is in a single conference and its all broken up by cultural geography.
Commuter "city" schools are not included. Though most of the successful ones are in the American Conference (the best non power/super conference).

The 4 Super Conferences are:
The ACC which includes all the current FCS New England schools, Syracuse, Boston College, and New York's flagship Buffalo. Penn State and Pitt renew their annual rivalry here along with Rutgers, Maryland and Delaware. All 5 Carolina ACC schools plus South Carolina round out this upcoming league.

The SEC Is once again the best conference in football. In the east it includes all 3 major Florida schools. Georgia Tech joins Georgia in its rightful home. Louisville comes in to join the rest of the South including the current SEC schools in Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Louisiana. Texas and Oklahoma come in as they will but also bring Oklahoma State joining Texas A&M. The Westmost part of this conference is New Mexico and New Mexico State.

The Big 10 is now the midwest's contained premier conference. West Virginia makes the eastern flank. Wyoming makes the western flank. Iowa State, Missouri, and the Kansas two add in some old Big 12 flair to Nebraska. All 4 Dakota FCS powers are included. All the Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota schools along with Iowa are still here.

The Pac 22 has stabilized and reformed into completely owning the Mountain and Pacific timezones. The Montana schools along with Boise State and Idaho bring back some original Pac members. Nevada, UNLV, Colorado State, and BYU join the Arizona, Utah, and Colorado Schools that already are a part of the Pac 12. UCLA and USC stay joining Cal and Stanford along with the original Washington and Oregon schools. Alaska and Hawaii give the Pac 22 complete control of the Pacific and never ending opportunities for TV.

I got a lot of my logos from slybelle as well as a DDSCB mod from 2019. I'm eager to give you credit just respond to this post! I've also made some of them. But I have neither the expertise nor contacts to make helmets and fields. So for now the mod only includes a primary logo, a background logo, and small logo. This is my first mod so please be patient.

Download the folder from the link and save it to your desktop. Follow the instructions in the folder. Right now its taking a while to download.

The schedules are all custom. For now I've included 32 seasons of it. If there is demand, I'll make more. I'd appreciate your feedback!

Link:
https://mega.nz/folder/BGtgTCpB#PpwfZdyMtB_GdX8RPrxqUg
PascalsWager

Re: Realigned Super-Conference Mod (No Divisions)

Postby sjm593 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:27 pm

This is really cool! Working on a similar concept myself. Any tips on creating schedules? I understand the format but would like to think someone has a more efficient way to go about these.
sjm593

Postby PascalsWager » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:53 pm

Thanks for trying my mod! I have templates for the following division less conference schedule formats:

12 Team: 7 Permanent annual rivals and playing 4 other teams biannually 2x2. A 7-2/2 Nine game conference schedule.
14 Team: 5 Permanent annual rivals and playing the other 8 teams every 4th year 2x2x2x2. A 5-2/2/2/2 Nine game conference schedule.
16 Team: 3 Permanent annual rivals and playing the 12 other teams biannually 6x6. A 3-6/6 Nine game conference schedule.
22 Team: Explained in the original post
26 Team: 5 Permanent annual rivals and playing the other 20 teams every 4th year 5x5x5x5. A 5-5/5/5/5 TEN game conference schedule.

Its a meticulous often frustrating endeavor. So I need to some motivation before trying to make 18 and 20 team schedules.
But here's an algorithm that will help: Subtract 1 from the number of teams you have in the conference. Then split it into component schedule parts to see if and how it can work.

For example: 22 teams - 1 is 21. Now think how you can create 21. Subtract the number of permanent rivals you want from that number. And see if the result is divisible by the rotating part of the schedule.
21-5 = 16. 16 can be broken up into 4s. That gives you a 5-4/4/4/4, Nine game schedule the one I made.

21-3 = 18. 18 can be broken up into 6s. That can give you a 3-6/6/6 Three permanent rivals and Six rotating opponents every 3 years.

I can give you access to my templates and work and it will be much easier. You'll have to pick the permanent rivals and adjust the game files on your own. Let me know!
PascalsWager

Postby sjm593 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:54 am

Sounds good! I'd be down to mess around with the templates and see what I can come up with. I'm making a fictional mod of defunct programs and schools that never sponsored football.
sjm593

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods