CFB Real Future 176 Team Mod

CFB Real Future 176 Team Mod

Postby palmer006 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:18 pm

Mod for attempting to reflect already committed realignment and project the next round of realignment.
• Over in Dynasty Reports will post a narrative of the thinking behind the way I have realignment playing out based on a survey of CFB pundit commentary as my dynasty goes along.
• Modified Pascal’s teams file a bit.
• Also lightly modified Nikk’s Real World players file and used logos and coaches files from many others with some light changes.
• Adapted weather files to include new teams added.
• Adapted bowl files to reflect continuing conference realignment.
• Logo folder is mostly an amalgamation from other mods I added some new FCS team files

Appreciate all modders contributions here to the thread that made this much easier & fun to do.

All files are yet to be fully tested; will make a final check that everything works as I go through the dynasty and modify/add as needed (will be making schedules along the way).

I'm sure most will start at 2022 but the updated teams files and schedules are how I saw realignment pla yout so anyone could fork off of it however desired as well as swap other FCS teams/conferences that come up.

I'm going to end up with 176 FBS teams in 2030 which is a bit unrealistic as my original intention was that was supposed to be like 2042 which is more possible; I figure you can just interpret any of the 3 FCS conferences used as FCS to address that difficulty.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kkFFHZfEShoGYpB38BYTkdzo7m5SYp6J?usp=sharing
palmer006

Re: CFB Real Future 176 Team Mod

Postby tyronethecalzone » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:57 am

Hi is this a downloadable mod? Is there an easy way to just import it into the game? A bit confused how to. Thanks!
Dynasties:
Kentucky the lost team in the SEC
tyronethecalzone

Postby palmer006 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:25 am

2023 schedule as close as possible is up. Due to amount of week 2 FCS games some of those were modified, as well as the names of FCS opponents of course.
2024 schedule in process.
May create a 2024 teams file at some point - the current ones are from guesses in December '23.
palmer006

Postby palmer006 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:26 am

Also its technically a 172 team mod
palmer006

Postby palmer006 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:30 am

Roster for 2023 is also up at the same drive link- used some basic vlookup to pull whoever had stats and ratings from PFF but it seemed to miss players here and there. Lots of stock 'backuplayers' to fill in gaps as well so its definitely not a fully names roster.

Used some suggestions from discussion to overload teams which creates some 128-0 games between Georgia and UMass but seems to make it rare though not impossible for teams in one 'tier' to upset teams in the next tier or two up (Georgia tier, Blue Bloods tier, Power 4 tier, AAC tier (includes FCS powers NDSU, SDSU, MT, MT St as well as Northwestern), Group of 5 Tier, FCS Tier)
palmer006

Re: CFB Real Future 172 Team Mod

Postby palmer006 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:09 pm

Latest Update
-Archived old files to try and make current files more clear
Current Files for 2023
    Team File: '172 Team Real Future - 2023 - v3' (adds divisions for the 4 conference that still have them for 2023)
  • Schedule File: '2023' Some week 2 games had to be mashed togther, not enough FCS teams
  • Coach File: '176 Team RealFuture Coaches - 2023' ONly updated OC Bobby Petrino and shifted ND's OC to GA since last January, may have been other changes. May still need to replace Pat Fitzgerald at NW.
  • Bowl File: 'Bowls 172 Team RealFuture 2023'
  • Roster File: '2023 take 3_Players CSV-converted' (json file)
    In testing bowls and such simmed season about 10 teams, Miss State won title once, Oregon made title game once, Georgia usually 1 loss, Bama 1-3, Ohio State 1-3 (as per Crain and Co's predictions), Georgia won a few. SEC has high variance beyond Bama and Georgia which I think is true to life. B1G contested between Michigan and PSU most sims with Michigan winning more. May revisit at year end. Edited backups ratings some, one big change was going through 10 marquee QBs and overriding the accuracy up from the low 70s to high 80s or low 90s. Otherwise ratings based on PFF grades. Unfortuantely my subscription to PFF is running out, so any updates if any that come later on this season would be just based off gut feel. LSU and Ohio State may be underrated based on perception from week 1. UCF too. Again roster is definitely not simulation with anyone who wasn't in PFF database just getting a stock name. Tightented up the tiers quite a bit too, now ranging from 55-80 for backups in most categories instead of 10-85 (e.g. Champ COntenders tier has mostly 80 ratings, SEC caliber has mostly 75, rest of Power 5 mostly 70, American 65, Rest of Group of 5 60, FCS 55

Special scenarios that may have all the above files (e.g. DCU team file)
    ]
  • DCU: DC Comics universe college football scenario: includes Metropolis, Gotham, etc.
  • CFB ProRel: Alternate history where Teddy Roosevelt's reforms also brought promotion and relegation to college football beginning in 1907 with a 4-team playoff for regional champions which eventually evolved into a 'Tournament of Roses' in Pasadena. Uses CFB teams existing circa 1907 according to Wikipedia. Schedules would be a moving target as they depend on who is promoted and relegated.

Also current:
  • 2024 schedule with realignment. Assumes Middle Tenenssee replaces SMU in American and E Tennessee St bumps up from FCS to replace Middle Tennessee in C-USA. Have since learned Army is American's first target. May rework to show Army in American but may not bother since I already mapped out an independent schedule for them and it may muck up the schedule too much.
  • 'Bowls 172 Team RealFuture 2024-25' Based on an article online I found speculating which conferences will inerhit the PAC's bowl tie-ins.

If I get to 2025 in my Career file before American announces its SMU replacement then I'm going to base 2025 on Army being in American, Middle TN staying in C-USA, ETSU staying in FCS.

Also have developed a realignment narrative based on my preferred realignment sources that I will post as I post 2026-2037 schedules and bowl alignments throughout the fall as the schedules will rely on that narrative/assumption for realignment.
palmer006

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods