Draft Day Sports: College Football 2024 Real World Mod

Re: Draft Day Sports: College Football 2024 Real World Mod

Postby hansmellman » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:21 pm

Anyone else who's rolling with the (amazing) real world mod encountering this issue when trying to view the weekly recap?

It's happening across multiple save games, I reported it t Brooks but he was unable to replicate it - the mod isn't the culprit for definite but I asked on Discord if anyone else using the mod was able to successfully view the recap and haven't had a response yet, so just thought I'd check here too.

note - the error isnt the side being cut off, in the original image posted in discord that was fine it's the pictures and tab not displaying anything.

This is what I see when trying to view it:

hansmellman

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:10 pm

hansmellman wrote:Anyone else who's rolling with the (amazing) real world mod encountering this issue when trying to view the weekly recap?

It's happening across multiple save games, I reported it t Brooks but he was unable to replicate it - the mod isn't the culprit for definite but I asked on Discord if anyone else using the mod was able to successfully view the recap and haven't had a response yet, so just thought I'd check here too.

note - the error isnt the side being cut off, in the original image posted in discord that was fine it's the pictures and tab not displaying anything.

This is what I see when trying to view it:

Can't imagine the mod being the issue as there is nothing specific related to the weekly recap screen in it. Simply graphics and team information and if all that shows fine on other screens, can't see how it would be the mod. You could certainly uninstall the mod and try without it. What type of machine are you on, Windows or Mac?

Just ran it within my league using the mod and was working fine.

slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby jazzlover04 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:19 am

Does it work the same way with Steam? Ive tried upwards of 30 times to extract this to no avail. When I open the Mod file should i see more than the coach file and file locater? thats all i see.
jazzlover04

Postby jazzlover04 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:20 am

What about a video to demonstrate? Ive never had this issue before on any game.
jazzlover04

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:26 am

The mod is the same for both the Steam and Non-Steam version of the game as the game uses the universal Documents folder for storing data files related to the game. There won't be a video created by me as the first post in this thread clearly lays out the instructions and really is only a handful of steps. If those steps are followed correctly, there is no reason the mod shouldn't work or extract into the right place. Not sure what you mean by only seeing the coach file and file locator and where you are seeing that, when you download the file it is around 50MB which contains much more than that. The fact you don't see this with other games is not really relevant as this is a different game and a different mod, so really no correlation.

99.9% of the time when people aren't seeing the mod files is because during the running of the installation program they aren't changing the path correctly to where their documents folder is located on their computer such as their d:\ drive or often nowadays people are using OneDrive. Sometimes people "think" their documents folder is in one place, when it turns out it really isn't.

Confirm your document folder's location by using Windows explorer, right click on your Documents folder, then choose Properties. On the Location tab, you'll see where your computer is pointing to for the documents folder as shown below. This is what the game uses to determine the location of the game folder. So using this an example, when I go to the mod, I need to change the path:

From the Default of:
C:\Users\<<User Name>>\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2024

To:
D:\Users\<<User Name>>\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2024

After the extraction is run with the correct path, you just need to make sure you use the correct league options during league creation and the mod should work. If you are still having issues, post an actual screenshot of your Document folder's property screen with the location shown (as I show below), a screenshot of the installation screen when you run the mod, and then a screenshot of your Documents folder that clearly shows the DDSCF 2024 folder (along with the path) and it's contents, including sub folders. It's really the only way I can help further as I really need to see actual screenshots versus trying to guess at a solution when I can't really see how your computer is setup. It's possible there is another issue, but we first need to eliminate the possibility of not being installed correctly since that is the issue the vast majority of the time.

slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby setalight » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:35 pm

Hey! I've tried installing the MOD, all of the team names have updated. However, none of the logos are showing up. What have i done wrong?

*update - the conference logos appear but none of the teams

*update 2 - fixed the issues. I think its due to my profile being renamed a few months back.
setalight

Postby drummerJ99 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:23 pm

Mind if I ask where you go the front view jersey and helmet from? Would love to update the Hoosiers to their newest helmet and jersey. They look pretty close to the same other then they have a wide white stripe with two thinner black ones down the center.
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:57 am

drummerJ99 wrote:Mind if I ask where you go the front view jersey and helmet from? Would love to update the Hoosiers to their newest helmet and jersey. They look pretty close to the same other then they have a wide white stripe with two thinner black ones down the center.

I don't have a template for that graphic as the images were donated by another forum member at some point. Anytime I have added a new team, luckily the new teams have somewhat resembled an existing team where I just modified the image as needed.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby drummerJ99 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:29 am

slybelle1 wrote:
drummerJ99 wrote:Mind if I ask where you go the front view jersey and helmet from? Would love to update the Hoosiers to their newest helmet and jersey. They look pretty close to the same other then they have a wide white stripe with two thinner black ones down the center.

I don't have a template for that graphic as the images were donated by another forum member at some point. Anytime I have added a new team, luckily the new teams have somewhat resembled an existing team where I just modified the image as needed.

Gotcha. May just try and free hand it in photoshop and see if I can get it close. It should be pretty simple really. Will post my update if it comes out decent. LOL
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby drummerJ99 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:27 pm

Updated IU jersey/helmet:

Updated Akron Logo:

Updated Western Michigan Logo:
drummerJ99

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods