Draft Day Sports: College Football 2024 Real World Mod

Re: Draft Day Sports: College Football 2024 Real World Mod

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:27 am

bechtudo wrote:Wouldn't the copy and paste from the file locator take care of that?

Never mind, tried it again and even if I don't know what I did differently it worked. Thanks for doing this mod.

Glad you got working. Not sure what you did differently after trying again, but seems like it worked. Historically when there has been issues, it’s either related to the location or when you’re creating a new league the correct options aren’t selected per the installation steps. If your on a Mac or your documents folder is not on c:\ or using OneDrive, sometimes having the correct path can be tricky.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby servo75 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:18 pm

I'm having difficulty getting this to work, although it's my first time trying it on a new computer - it always worked for me before.

I double-checked that I had the right documents folder although I did have to change the location it did not have the correct one by default.

So I tried exiting the game, installing and re-entering and starting a new league - no dice.

Where is the teams.xml and similar files supposed to be located? In the install directory or in the Documents\Wolverine Studios\... directory? Again I've been using these mods for a while and they've always worked very well up until now. it's not clear to me where the files are being copied (or supposed to be copied) to.
servo75

Postby servo75 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:26 pm

Never mind. When choosing the documents folder, I chose the Wolverine Studios folder but not including the College 24
servo75

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:19 am

servo75 wrote:Never mind. When choosing the documents folder, I chose the Wolverine Studios folder but not including the College 24

That is correct, the folder needs to be \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2024\ (on whatever drive you have that folder located)
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby GoodOlKevin » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:00 am

What seems to be happening...and I downloaded again to confirm it happened...is when you extract to the CF24 folder it is not actually extracted....you have to extract the file again in the CF24 folder...then it works
GoodOlKevin

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:45 am

GoodOlKevin wrote:What seems to be happening...and I downloaded again to confirm it happened...is when you extract to the CF24 folder it is not actually extracted....you have to extract the file again in the CF24 folder...then it works

I just ran the installer and after running it the first time, all the files were extracted correctly to the \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2024\ folder and worked. It did not require me to run a second time.

Not sure why you would need to run twice unless during the first install somehow the path was incorrect. This is the same installer I have used for many years now and has worked the same. I have seen in the past people thinking the path was correct but it wasn't. For example if someone has their documents folder on a d:\ drive, the default is to install to c: The extract would happen to c: which would then appear not to have done it correctly because it needed to be on d:

Certainly possible there is something unique happening for certain people but since I can't replicate it, unfortunately not much I can do. Will have to see if it happens to others and if more clues come up.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby kentcol51 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:24 pm

Been trying to download and it keeps saying download failed. Tried different browsers and all the same.
kentcol51

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:46 am

kentcol51 wrote:Been trying to download and it keeps saying download failed. Tried different browsers and all the same.

Not sure as you’re the first to have an issue downloading the file. I just downloaded the file again without any issue. Possibly your security software is seeing the file as a threat which happens sometimes. At your own risk, you could try disabling your security temporarily to download the file or have your security at least ignore that file to see if that is a possible cause. Since you already tried different browsers I am not sure what else to suggest.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby kentcol51 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:03 pm

That was it Sly. Thank you.
kentcol51

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:45 am

Minor update posted. Just updated the name of the division when there is a single division in the conference. Not required to update, but if you want, redownload and install the mod again, but won't take effect until you start a new league.
slybelle1
Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods