Draft Day Sports: College Football 2024 Real World Mod

Draft Day Sports: College Football 2024 Real World Mod

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:15 am

OVERVIEW
Thank you for considering the Draft Day Sports: College Football 2024 Real World Mod! The purpose of this mod is to provide enhancements to the game that results in greater immersion by using real world information and graphics instead of fictional content for those people interested. Before using the Real World Mod, please take time to review the entire instructions below to familiarize yourself on specifically what is included and how to install/use the mod.

DISCLAIMER
The installer and materials contained within the Real World Mod are provided "as is" and the user assumes all risk of downloading, installing, and using the mod. It is possible that your security software may report a possible risk with the file as each security software has it's own methods of identifying threats. A number of security software products are proactive in flagging relatively unknown files (such as mods) or installers as a risk in order to be extremely cautious as they should be. Since the file is posted on the internet and on file hosting sites, I can't control and don't assume responsibility for what might happen to the file and whether an actual threat gets attached. It's each person's own decision and responsibility to download, install, and use the mod.

COMPATABILITY
This mod should only be used with the current Draft Day Sports: College Football 2024 version of the game as there have been changes with the modded files, which I can't guarantee will work with older versions of the game.

WHAT IS INCLUDED OVERVIEW

1) Information
a) Real School Name
b) Real Mascot Name
c) School Abbreviation
d) School Primary and Secondary Color
e) Conference and Conference Division Name
f) Real Playoff/Bowl Game Names and Reasonable Setup
g) Schools in Weathers.xml file
h) Stadium Names, Dome Designation
I) Real college football award names

2) Graphics
a) League Logo
b) School Logo (Helmet logos provided by forum user PocketScout)
c) School Logo – Large
d) School Logo – Small
e) School Jersey (Provided by forum user PocketScout)
f) Midfield Logo (Special thanks to forum user b1gd51 for assistance)
g) Custom Endzone
h) Custom School Field
i) Conference Logo
j) Bowl/Playoff Logos
k) Custom Bowl Fields (including location, stadium name, and stadium type)
l) Custom North/South Senior Bowl Team Logos

***Special Note on Bowl/Playoff Names/Logos/Custom Fields/Setup*** The bowl games are not 100% "true to life" since it's not possible to match the real world committee selection process and/or conference tie-ins within the game. The included custom bowl fields are "generic" representations since not possible to know which teams will be in the bowl games and how the fields might actually look.

Coach Information
I have included an optional coaches file which the only change made was the coaching staff's name as of 08/11/2023. However, I haven't updated information like age, experience, and the schemes the coach uses and have no plans to do so. In addition, any coach’s pictures within the game will not match the actual coach name. The use of the coach file is optional, not required to use with the rest of the real world mod.

WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED OVERVIEW

1) Real Player Rosters/Names
2) Player/Coach Images
3) Anything else specifically not mentioned as INCLUDED

REAL WORLD MOD INSTALLATION OVERVIEW
Below are the high-level steps.

1) Download the Real World Mod. See Downloads section in this post.
2) Unzip the downloaded Real World Mod file to a temporary folder, such as c:\temp
3) From the temporary folder, run the DDSCF-RW-Mod.exe file to start the installation.
4) Prior to running the extraction, confirm the location of your documents folder in the destination folder field. The default location is "c:\Users\<<User Name>>\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2024\" If incorrect drive, change the drive but regardless of what drive installed need to make sure it ends up "\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2024\" folder structure or it won't work. Recommend using the included "DocumentFolderFinder" utility to confirm Wolverine Studios main folder, see below for instructions.
5) Run the extraction.
6) Within the game, create a new league and make sure to use the League Format of “Modern College I” and for Roster Source use “CPU Generated Players”. If you want to use the optional coaches file, also select the "Custom Coaches File" option and then browse to the file \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2024\DDSCF-RW-Mod\DDSCF-RW-Mod-2024-Coaches.csv. Create the league when all options set.

Document Folder Finder
If you encounter issues installing the mod, the typical reason is your not putting it in the correct document folder location or your not creating a new league with the options required above. Many people think their installing to the correct place, but don't realize their documents folder is on a different drive than c:\ or they are using OneDrive for its location. To ensure your using the right documents folder, you can use the included DocumentFolderFinder utility and it will let you know the correct location.

1) Run the DocumentFolderFinder utility that comes with the mod, which is located in the folder of \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2024\DDSCF-RW-Mod\DocumentFolderFinder.exe after you extract the mod. If you need to use the utility before installing the mod, download the utility from the link below, unzip it, and run the EXE file.
2) Look at the documents folder location on the screen and use that location when installing the mod.

** It may take some time to initially open the utility as it depends on how many Wolverine games/leagues you have setup.

DOWNLOAD

Download Real World Mod
https://mega.nz/file/nARSma5I#a9obYflS7 ... jwBs4EDHUc

Download Document Folder Finder
https://mega.nz/file/HYRAmB4L#bu5N4VCHF ... 9C4xhXm-2A
Last edited by slybelle1 on Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Re: Draft Day Sports: College Football 2024 Real World Mod

Postby mh2365 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:54 pm

can't seem to get this to work for 2024
mh2365

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:58 pm

mh2365 wrote:can't seem to get this to work for 2024

Would have to provide more detail, same process as all the past years. Make sure to try the troubleshooting steps to ensure installing in correct place
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby mh2365 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:40 pm

did everything like all the previous versions, didn't work

went back followed the instructions to a T (which wasn't any different than what I did the first time) didn't work ...

not sure what more detail I can provide

start a new game and it is still South Bend for Notre Dame
mh2365

Postby mh2365 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:46 pm

Literally the 4th time I tried it the exact same way it worked ... no idea why it didn't work the first three times but it is working now
mh2365

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:19 pm

mh2365 wrote:Literally the 4th time I tried it the exact same way it worked ... no idea why it didn't work the first three times but it is working now

No idea, as the install process would be the same whether the 1st attempt or the 4th...but sounds like its working so that is what is most important.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:07 am

Quick update was made to mod, recommend redownloading/installing from the link in first post.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby bechtudo » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:29 pm

I have always been able to install the real world mod but this time I can not get it to work. I did use the documentfolderfinder and copy and pasted the file location
bechtudo

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:53 pm

Should work the same as all versions, 99% of the time just not installing to correct location
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby bechtudo » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:19 am

Wouldn't the copy and paste from the file locator take care of that?

Never mind, tried it again and even if I don't know what I did differently it worked. Thanks for doing this mod.
bechtudo

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods