A Thought On Custom Schedules

A Thought On Custom Schedules

Postby drophammer » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:17 pm

I am building a custom schedule generator in Excel.
Holy. Cow. So many moving parts.
Anyway, I was trying to solve an issue regarding non-conference matchups, and it hit me that I could use an old trick from EA's NCAA. I am creating a second pool of independent teams to represent FCS schools that will be available every week to soak up the occasional odd match-up here or there.

I thought I would mention that so that if anyone else is working on a custom schedule generator, it might be helpful.

If/when I get my tool created, I will offer it up here.
I am creating templates for many conference configurations. A user simply makes a copy of the appropriate template for each conference, fills in the team info, and then the templates create your conference schedule and collect the available teams each week for non-conference games. Each conference can randomize the weekly progression. Users can also directly enter conference schedule information, as long as they follow the correct format, and thereby implement known conference schedules out as many years as are available.

Anyway, that is all. Just thought I would share that idea of using faux fcs teams as scheduling stand-ins where needed. I am using 13 as I look to set this up for my own use.
drophammer

Re: A Thought On Custom Schedules

Postby drophammer » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:05 am

So, my brother and I work in I.T., and we have done several projects together along these lines. I showed him what I had built in Excel and what was causing me issues, and he offered to port it to GoogleSheets and add some functionality. So, hopefully, I will have a scheduler that I can share with everyone pretty soon.
drophammer

Re: A Thought On Custom Schedules

Postby drophammer » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:32 am

The scheduler is in beta. It is easy to use and works like a charm. It is fully functional, and it can accommodate any configuration that the game will support (and a few that the game doesn't yet support).
If you want to help test it out, leave me a note. I will reach out.
drophammer

Return to DDS: College Football 2018-2024 Mods