Players leaving early

Players leaving early

Postby cbraddy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:32 pm

I''m not sure about this but when you have players declaring for NBA draft in March should you free up a scholarship that year to get someone to replace him? .
cbraddy

Re: Players leaving early

Postby buckshot » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:48 pm

I'm wondering the same thing. I just finished a season and had two players declare so now go into the next year short-handed.
buckshot

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:56 pm

It should free up a scholarship, but it doesn't.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby cbraddy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:17 am

I know it does in the transfer window but that doesn’t help much to replace the player. Maybe if there were graduate transfers or something like that.
cbraddy

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:37 am

It has been awhile since I looked at this but I believe it doesn't free up the scholarship until the player actually leaves which is why you get it back for the transfer session
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby JHopkins19 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:25 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:It has been awhile since I looked at this but I believe it doesn't free up the scholarship until the player actually leaves which is why you get it back for the transfer session

It would be really nice if its possible to change the code so a scholarship becomes available in the recruiting screen for the following year just like the game counts outgoing seniors. IE - You have 4 seniors and the game will allow you to offer 4 scholarships (assuming you didn't take any transfers). Would be really nice for that number to pop to 5 if one of your players decides to turn pro. We are alerted early enough that recruiting is still going on and there may be someone out there who could help instead of stashing the scholarship for the following season,
JHopkins19

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:52 pm

The problem is the player can change his mind in the game and not leave. Its rare but possible and if it happened you would have too many scholarships then
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby JHopkins19 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:27 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:The problem is the player can change his mind in the game and not leave. Its rare but possible and if it happened you would have too many scholarships then

Oh no kidding, I was not aware of that feature. I don't think I've ever seen it happen.

If I had a choice between the two, I'd prefer getting the scholarship immediately then the rare chance someone could come back. But realize I'm only one person! :-)
JHopkins19

Postby PointGuard » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:19 pm

JHopkins19 wrote:
Gary Gorski wrote:The problem is the player can change his mind in the game and not leave. Its rare but possible and if it happened you would have too many scholarships then

Oh no kidding, I was not aware of that feature. I don't think I've ever seen it happen.

If I had a choice between the two, I'd prefer getting the scholarship immediately then the rare chance someone could come back. But realize I'm only one person! :-)

Maybe if you just CUT the guy who is turning pro (after all your team's games are played) that will free up a scholarship if that's what you want ???
Last edited by PointGuard on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby buckshot » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:27 pm

I agree with JHopkins19 in that I'd rather have the scholarship open than the rare chance they might return (which has never happened to me).
buckshot

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion