News/Pre-Order Info on DDS:CB 2018

Re: News/Pre-Order Info on DDS:CB 2018

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:06 pm

I will need the full error message but if you replaced the default.dat file with one from an old mod then you're going to have errors. I think bloomington has an updated version for 2018 so I will see if it can get posted in the mod section
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby WarEagle13 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:18 am

Mainly cosmetic, but I love the added feature to browse and select players and coaches photos :)
WarEagle13

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:34 am

WarEagle13 wrote:Mainly cosmetic, but I love the added feature to browse and select players and coaches photos :)

There's a good number of these sort of additions - whenever you guys make comments I note them and work them in where I can in new versions. A bunch of little improvements add up over time to make this game even better!
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby PointGuard » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:07 am

I installed bloomington's Real World LIGHT mod and it's been working fine for me with no error messages. The new ratings progression tracking within CB2018 has been working for both players and coaches, as designed. The LIGHT mode provides correct team names, nicknames and logos and association names and logos plus the correct courts for teams and tournaments. Get it here: viewtopic.php?f=250&t=26597

Also I've transferred several associations created within CB2017 to CB2018 without any problems.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby WarEagle13 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:25 am

Getting an Unhandled Exception when I get to the end of the season and view the awards screen.

If you look at the entire association everything views fine. When you go to view conference awards, all view fine except the defensive player of the year.

An unhandled exception occurred: c:\\Wolverine Studios\DDSCB2018/graphics/logos/assn/socon.png

My guess is if I listed default logos for conferences but they don't actually exist, then it errors out. This could be from creating a league with the default.dat file that may have them listed?

I actually tested this by creating a socon.png logo and placing it in the logos/assn folder. Reopened the game, and viewed the same area that crashed. It did not crash with this logo in the folder.

Not sure I understand why you can view player of the year, 1st, 2nd team etc.....without it crashing as I would expect it looks to load the same conf logo file, but if it isn't there, it will crash on the attempt to load defensive player of the year.
WarEagle13

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:16 am

I'm sort of confused on this one - there is no socon.png file in the default install. In fact the conference logos are .gif files and not .png files and there's no socon.gif either. In fact viewing any award doesn't change the display of the conference logo. Did you have it on like DPOY for the award and then attempted to change the conference or something? Can you delete that file you added and recreate for me the steps on what you clicked on in order so I can try it and see if I can make it happen?
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby frankinho » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:58 am

PointGuard wrote:I installed bloomington's Real World LIGHT mod and it's been working fine for me with no error messages. The new ratings progression tracking within CB2018 has been working for both players and coaches, as designed. The LIGHT mode provides correct team names, nicknames and logos and association names and logos plus the correct courts for teams and tournaments. Get it here: viewtopic.php?f=250&t=26597

Also I've transferred several associations created within CB2017 to CB2018 without any problems.

Hey PG, did you do anything else apart mere install of the mod? e.g. did you also manipulated any of the databases? Because i tried the light mod but am getting the error "MS Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query Ratings. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly"
frankinho

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:22 pm

PointGuard wrote:I installed bloomington's Real World LIGHT mod and it's been working fine for me with no error messages. The new ratings progression tracking within CB2018 has been working for both players and coaches, as designed. The LIGHT mode provides correct team names, nicknames and logos and association names and logos plus the correct courts for teams and tournaments. Get it here: viewtopic.php?f=250&t=26597

Hello PG...I don't think that linked version could work. If you look at the date of the default.dat file, it is from last year (3/1/17). Plus, opening up the default.dat file from that link, the new tables aren't included.

Are you potentially using the LIGHT version I modified and provided during BETA testing? That would have worked with the new version. However, I just did the minor update to get it to work, but doesn't contain all the bells and whistle updates Bloomington does.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby PointGuard » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:36 pm

You're right, slybelle! I had forgotten you made the alterations that gave us the chance to test bloomington's mod with CB2018.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby WarEagle13 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:51 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:I'm sort of confused on this one - there is no socon.png file in the default install. In fact the conference logos are .gif files and not .png files and there's no socon.gif either. In fact viewing any award doesn't change the display of the conference logo. Did you have it on like DPOY for the award and then attempted to change the conference or something? Can you delete that file you added and recreate for me the steps on what you clicked on in order so I can try it and see if I can make it happen?

This was completely my mistake. I had updated the default.dat file for logo paths for team logoas and conference since I typically just pull that folder over. When I did I did not have my updated conf logos. If left alone, the default logo names already had them in the folder and would have worked as intended.
WarEagle13

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion