Conference change/question

Re: Conference change/question

Postby Seazyceaz » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:34 pm

PointGuard wrote:
Wayne23 wrote:Gary seems to have toughened up the "Easy" level in the new edition. I'm not getting the players I used to get, or at least not as many of them. I'm fine with that. Not sure if he actually did this or not but I know I'm not getting as many decent players. I'[m wondering if he adjusted the other levels.

Think you're right about Gary upgrading the AI's recruiting with CB2018, although no way to quantify this but subjectively I agree with you. I do know that AI controlled teams now go after JC players more than in CB2017. Playing using "brutal", it's nearly impossible to get a top 100 (or even top 200) player to commit to a lower prestige program even with very aggressive recruiting by the human game player. But that seems realistic to me. In fact the highest rated player I am able to recruit might be a Top 400 or 500 or 600 or 700 player. Of course, if my coach was at a highly rated program, then I'm pretty sure he'd still get some very good recruits, although maybe not as many or as easily as with CB2017.

Here's what Gary said he was doing with CB2018 re recruiting:

"RECRUITING - AI should be more aggressive now in using its recruiting options every week and late in the year both teams and players should be more aggressive in making/taking offers"

That’s what I was hoping to hear. Quick glance at the ESPN top 100 and last years class had 3 players go to non power schools (2 to St Louis, 1 to W. Kentucky- highest being the #55 guy.) And the previous few years there was never more than a handful. So I look forward to the stiff competition from he AI!
Seazyceaz

Postby PointGuard » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:37 pm

Because of the brilliance of DDSCB players, the AI can never be as good as the human, but the AI is improving. :cool:
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby CoachC » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:44 am

Wayne23 wrote:PointGuard wears a hair shirt while playing the game. :p

pg IS a hair shirt!
CoachC

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:53 am

Yep, CoachC is BACK!!!
Wayne23

Postby CoachC » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:58 am

i expected to be back much sooner....:( life got in the way.
CoachC

Postby PointGuard » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:49 pm

CoachC wrote:i expected to be back much sooner....:( life got in the way.

Sometimes "life" is more of a 4-letter word than at other times. :rolleyes:
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby CoachC » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:19 am

amen, pg!
CoachC

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion