A Guide to Modding?

A Guide to Modding?

Postby historysteve » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:33 pm

I'd like to create a very basic 2000-2001 season mod for my own personal use. Just simple things like proper conferences, some of the highest profile coaches, general team strength. I've looked around a bit but can't find a user's guide to creating one's own mods and trying to make a facsimile via commissioner mode is a huge chore. Can anyone help me out?
historysteve

Re: A Guide to Modding?

Postby historysteve » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:16 pm

I'm happy to report that after some fiddling, I'm starting to figure this process out. If I make a basic 2000-2001 mod, I'll share with you kind folks.
historysteve

Re: A Guide to Modding?

Postby bloomington » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:50 pm

There really is no guide however if you have a specific question please ask. You need a database program to open the default.dat file and manipulate the data there. Just click on the individual tables to see the information they hold and customize it the way you want. Just be a little careful when customizing conferences and so on to make sure when you cross reference things that they are consistent otherwise you will get exception errors. You should also make a copy of your default.dat file before making changes incase you make an error and need to restart. If you play around with it for a little while things will eventually start to make sense and it sounds like from your other post that things are coming along, but if stuck, just post your question.

Have fun.
bloomington
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion