Prestige Ratings

Re: Prestige Ratings

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:02 pm

bagman428 wrote:When was this scheduling update released? I downloaded the game about a week ago so I wonder if im covered there?

So you are saying now if i go 20-30 years into the future I wont see too many weird teams being at the top like weber state, creighton and new mexico and will be like normal is that what your saying?

Tom

Released 3/17

viewtopic.php?f=272&t=28558
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:09 pm

bagman, who knows what 20-30 years can bring? I'll bet you could take a mid-major team to national prominence if you used the right strategies.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby bagman428 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:03 pm

OK i do not believe i have it yet so what would i need to do download it and start my replay over? dont mind doing that if needed

Looks like i dont have to after reading that thread but when will the schedule actually tighten up then starting year 2 since the schedule has already been built for year 1 , ive completed about a month into the season
bagman428

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:05 pm

bagman428 wrote:OK i do not believe i have it yet so what would i need to do download it and start my replay over? dont mind doing that if needed

Go to the post mentioned two posts up and click the link..will take you to the patch post and download links there.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby CoachC » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:34 am

there are two aspects to prestige ratings....historic, which goes up and down slowly...and recent history which is volatile. If you look through all the teams, you'll see that a lot of teams are still getting prestige from what they accomplished in the 60's and 70's and 80's even if they've done nothing for their fans lately. For you own team, regardless of the prestige when you took over, raising prestige will depend on them performing well season after season. With a team with above average prestige, it may even go down a point after a very good season. Dont let that bother you. The biggest effects of team prestige, and conference prestige for that matter come into play during recruiting, and in post-season seedings. From a coach's standpoint, prestige really only matters in which schools are willing to hire you. As a coach it's nothing to be concerned with...you just do the best you can every year. The prestige ratings of teams and conferences is something that CB has handled extremely well over the years and it has duplicated the idiocies of the NCAA selection committee very well.
CoachC

Postby bagman428 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:36 pm

Ok let me ask u this. Trying to figure out something maybe I’m misunderstanding something

Someone posted something about how some teams previously in version 1.1 of the game were getting hurt by the scheduling and it was somehow causing thier prestige to go down a lot. In version 1.2 the scheduling is better so because of this I won’t be seeing as many weird teams doing well in the future?

What was causing that guy to have Duquesne win the title 20 some years in the future was it due to the scheduling? Did it have something to do with teams prestige rating fluctuatinga lot so tbat a lot of powerhouse teams were weak in the future? Is that fixed now in version1.2

Also do the top recruits tend to go to teams with higher prestige?
bagman428

Postby PointGuard » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:53 pm

There is nothing wrong with teams being able to improve their prestige over the years and work their way up to or towards the top. That provides some challenge and hope within DDSCB.

I think you''ll find that even though Gary continues to improve the AI and make it more competitive, the human still has inherent advantages. So taking a team like Duquesne to the top is a definite possibility.

Yes, in general, the top recruits prefer top-flight programs in DDSCB just as in real life but some will go elsewhere.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:04 pm

And that's why saving some $ for spring recruiting is a good idea. You can occasionally snag a guy you'll never get in the fall when the teams he wants don't want him.
Wayne23

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion