Too Many Fouls

Re: Too Many Fouls

Postby jfsolo23 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:08 am

23Zone wrote:I actually play with defense intensity at 8 in man to man about 95% of the time and I think its seems right. When I am down at the end of the game I ratchet the intensity up to 10 and play full court man to man and it still doesn't get out of control on the fouls. It does seem that the better the team is that you are playing the more fouls they seem to get and I think that is because the better players tend to have higher draw foul numbers.

I have noticed that fouls seem to depend as much, if not more, on the draw foul rating of your opponents players. So I sometimes switch guys off of the one guy that the other team has that seems to be drawing all of the fouls... and he usually has a high draw fouls rating. Seems this is usually a big man who gets my centers / PFs in trouble.

This is my experience to a T. It seems like high defense, high discipline, and high IQ ratings help counteract the high draw foul ratings of the players on the other team, which of course makes sense.
jfsolo23

Postby PointGuard » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:01 pm

Good points, 23zone and jfsolo23.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:26 pm

Zone should typically end up in less fouls as well but all of these other things mentioned are important too
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby BoiseBen » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:33 pm

Thanks everyone, for your inputs!! I'll keep experimenting, but I really appreciate how well this forum helps each other! Very cool!!!!
BoiseBen

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion