Parent Info and Interest Level

Parent Info and Interest Level

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:28 pm

This is for the veterans, and hopefully Gary will see it. Is there any point in clicking on these more than once?
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Parent Info and Interest Level

Postby C-Bailey24 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:03 pm

I doubt it
C-Bailey24

Postby PointGuard » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:35 pm

"veterans" huh? What's the military got to do with this, Wayne? :p

Personally I don't think the answers to "Interest Level" questioning mean much at all. The + ratings for interest, the positioning of your school in the recruits top 10, and feedback following campus and home visits tell you most everything you need to know about the recruit's level of interest.

Parent info is somewhat helpful, but for most recruits not all that much. I hang my hat more on what the recruit is indicating than the parents. If you're going to offer bribes though, then I think it's valuable to know what the parental $$ level is. Once you have the initial feedback about parents (which is typically pretty sketchy), then I don't see any reason to try to get more (in fact, I don't recall getting more data in the parent section of the recruit card after the initial parental info is provided).
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby CoachC » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:22 am

i have never seen any point on clicking on them even once, Wayne. your recruiting assistant has already gotten (or will get by October) all the information you are ever going to get. Those ratings occasionally have value in in-home visits...but you will never learn anything new by wasting valuable phone time by asking for it.
CoachC

Postby CoachC » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:24 am

and yep, i'm agreeing with PG here...but i'll never admit it! :)
CoachC

Postby CoachC » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:28 am

with regards to getting info on parents, you will get more the better your recruiting assistant. the interest in your school is most readily answered by spending money on scouting reports prior to recruiting, and by the +++ numbers next to the recruits name as recruiting goes on. asking about it is a waste of money, unless of course spending money is your objective.
CoachC

Postby CoachC » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:37 am

PointGuard wrote:"

If you're going to offer bribes though, then I think it's valuable to know what the parental $$ level is. Once you have the initial feedback about parents (which is typically pretty sketchy), then I don't see any reason to try to get more (in fact, I don't recall getting more data in the parent section of the recruit card after the initial parental info is provided).

i agree in the most part, but you are overlooking parental influence, which is something you are only going to reliably get from a top recruiting assistant. during home visits, e.g., if a player says he puts playing time as his top priority, but his highly influential parents believe that coach discipline is most important,,,you have a better chance to get that California recruit to come to the New Jersey Institute of Technology by pandering to the parents if in fact you have the discipline to back it up!
CoachC

Postby PointGuard » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:39 pm

Coach...I've been on de' zip line and it was fun. Oh, you said discipline.

And yup, if a kid's under the thumb of his parents and they are hard over on something, then yeah, that can be a good selling point.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:06 am

Bump for Gary.

Gary, I'd love to have you check in on this.
Wayne23

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:38 am

The answers to items don't change so if you got an answer about the parental influence etc then you already know what you're going to know from doing that
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion