Fake Player Names

Re: Fake Player Names

Postby bagman428 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:03 pm

Ok I assumed as much thanks for the offer but I already did most of it over. So I’m good. Thanks again
bagman428

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:06 pm

bagman428 wrote:Ok I assumed as much thanks for the offer but I already did most of it over. So I’m good. Thanks again

Just keep in mind if Bloomington updates his mod in the future, you'll need to do the same thing if you wanted to use his updated file (if there ever is one). So if you continue to be into modding which is great, probably will want to spend some time learning how to transfer things between files without having to type it all over.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby bagman428 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:56 pm

Once I start my career say I want to add more names to the fake names in the mod.... will it work if i already started and will new names show up? or do I need to start all over from scratch?
bagman428

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:59 pm

bagman428 wrote:Once I start my career say I want to add more names to the fake names in the mod.... will it work if i already started and will new names show up? or do I need to start all over from scratch?

The default.dat file only gets used when you first start your career so I believe you would need to start over.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:28 am

The names are not loaded in when you start a career so whenever it goes to pull names it will refer to whatever is in the default.dat file at the moment
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:35 am

Glad I was wrong:)
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby fabfries » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:09 pm

Currently using the MDB Viewer to add some names - is there a way to copy and paste numbers? entering every ID number manually is a pain.
fabfries

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:09 pm

fabfries wrote:Currently using the MDB Viewer to add some names - is there a way to copy and paste numbers? entering every ID number manually is a pain.

If you are familiar with queries in MDB Viewer, you can accomplish this by just renumbering the rows after you have inputted all the names you wanted.

1) Open query editor in MDB Viewer

2) Put this query in there (copy and paste to ensure you get 100% correct.

UPDATE USLastName SET ID = DCount("[ID]","[USLastName]","[ID]<=" & [ID]);

** This is an example for the USLastName table. For the other name tables, change USLastName in all the places to the actual table name you want to update.

3) Press the execute query button. Once it completes, should be fine.

This will basically renumber all the records in the names from 1 to the last row number in the table.

DISCLAIMER: I have no idea how the game reacts if you renumber the names. I am guessing if you do it prior to starting an association, probably not an issue. But if you do it in the middle of an association, not really sure. Therefore use at your own risk.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby bagman428 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:27 pm

Is there a limit to the amout of first or last names the game can use? only reason I bring it up is because I added over 2,000 more last names and about 1,500 more first names... now i noticed I am not seeing a lot of the last names i created towards the end of the database... maybe its because there is only 1 of each name compared to the smiths browns and williams's who have 15-20 entries each... but just wondering if there is a limit

also i do not see many if any foriegn players being used? i saw the non us player names but i am not seeing any in the game as far as i know

tom
bagman428

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion