Quality of life suggestions

Quality of life suggestions

Postby MojoJojo » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:16 pm

Really enjoying this iteration of the game, as I have many previous ones. But I find there are many nagging annoyances in the UI, some of which could be pretty easily addressed:

1. During the season, on the simulation screen where there is the toggle between the current games/tournament displays, hitting the tournament button should default to the tournament that my team is currently playing in.

2. During recruiting, provide a GPA filter for players.

3. During recruiting, remember current screen settings ("show recruits" and "by position" settings, magazine selection, filters for commits, Jucos, etc.), so if I Ieave to check my roster or emails or advance to the next week and then come back, I'm looking at the same thing.

4. Provide historical data on budget (i.e., show for previous years what the total budget was, how much I spent on coaches and recruiting, and how much was left over). Useful for budgeting new coach hires. I end up tracking this outside the game.

5. For the team roster views, add overall rating to the Roster screen and player year to the Ratings screen.

6. For the Rotation screen, organize the Choose Player drop-down by position or last name (or really any rational basis) so I spend less time hunting for names.

7. I would overhaul the Set By Minutes interface. It's a great idea, but I find the current implementation pretty unhelpful. Instead, have rows for each position, with three roster drop-downs for each row so you can select up to three players to be in rotation at each position. Then have a space to type in minutes next to each dropdown. This is much more reflective of how I actually set my lineups. The internal logic would need to be able to manage the same player getting minutes at multiple positions (e.g., PF and C or SG and PG). There could be validation included to ensure each row sums to 40 minutes (for rows that don't equal 40, maybe auto-rescale to 40 keeping the same proportions) and to ensure no individual player is assigned more than 40 minutes. An interface like this (if it actually generates good rotations) would be really amazing.
MojoJojo

Re: Quality of life suggestions

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:25 pm

Great ideas! Most will probably not get into 2018, but I'm saving them for the 2019 beta test period.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby JHopkins19 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:39 pm

Great suggestions. Wholeheartedly agree with the GPA filter on the recruiting screen.
JHopkins19

Postby MojoJojo » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:04 am

Thanks Wayne, glad to know these ideas will be taken into consideration.
MojoJojo

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion