Suggestions for 2019 Version

Suggestions for 2019 Version

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:45 pm

Hello All,

I'm on the DDS:CB Support Squad, which means I'm one of the 4 beat testers each year. Gary likes to keep the number small. We're all guys who have been playing the game for a LONG time- April, 2007, in my case.

Rather than me going through the entire forum, if you have made, or would like to make suggestions for next year's version of this game, can you post them here. I will transfer them to a file, and when the time comes, they will be part of the beta process; Gary, of course, makes the final decisions as to what is included in each new version, but he is always interested in people's suggestions. I already cut and pasted Mojo Jojo's suggestions posted earlier today.

This is NOT to say that some of the suggestions you post on the Forum won't make it into this year's version. That, again, is Gary's decision. But we're pretty far along in the process at this point.

Thanks.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Suggestions for 2019 Version

Postby PointGuard » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:13 pm

Well not ALL of us are "beat" testers. :eek:
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:41 pm

Oops. I beta fix that!
Wayne23

Postby bagman428 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:48 pm

How about a real time out of town scoreboard from other games going on that day

When simming other games u should have an option to either watch the scores fly across the screen as it does now before u play your game or just show them live during the game your coaching manually. So if there’s 10 min left in 2nd half of your game the scores of other games should be scoring the scores with 10 left as well. A real time scoreboard

Tom
bagman428

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:34 pm

Got it and added it.
Wayne23

Postby NCAAhoops » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:59 pm

I would like to see the coaches names and pictures used more throughout the game.
For instance:
When you get the scouting report have "Team Name" is coached by "Coaches Name" in the email.
When you play out a game in 2D have the coaches picture/name on the first screen before the game starts. Maybe have the coaches picture on each side with the rest of the team info during the game.
When the opposing coach works the ref, instead of a small text indicating that, have the coaches picture show at the bottom like the players and state Coach "Coach Name" is working ref. The have the Ref response there as well (Ref ignores coach so and so). Also could be used that opposing team called time out, "team name" coach "Coach Name" has called time out. (Show picture in the box at bottom of the screen as well. Also do this when you call timeout).

Nearly everyone has some sort of coaches mod, it would be nice to put that to better use.

Also would like to see a screen that could show how your Offense/defense is working, something like this if you run man to man and 2-3 zone.
DEFENSE Opponents FG%
Man to Man 48%
2-3 Zone 39%

Could be FG% of some other stat to determine where your team is most effective.
Same for you offensive sets. this way you can judge what works and what does not and make the needed changes in your coaching.
NCAAhoops

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:28 pm

Noted and copied to my 2019 file.
Wayne23

Postby alternativestats » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:18 pm

I have mentioned this suggestion before but I would like to see more in depth in game motivation options. This is my favorite basketball simulator outside of 2K sports and their motivation lists four areas of focus (shot selection, rebounding, ball control, and defense). I think the best scenario is a combination of the two lists. For example I can praise my team's shot selection. Or show concern for one specific player's lack of ball control.

I would like to see an option to have a player work on an instruction to the end of the semester (for academic issues) or the end of the season (for on the court issues) instead of limiting instructions to one month at the most.

I also would like to see every window box have an X -out option available. While it does not happen often, I occasionally have a window open which blocks my ability to switch to a different window and have no way of closing the box that is in the way.
alternativestats

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:22 pm

On my list!
Wayne23

Postby buckshot » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:03 pm

My number one would be when a player declares for the draft that it open up a scholarship. I just finished a season where both my freshman point guards declared and I already had a full class (with no point guards) so ended up with all walk-ons the following season.
buckshot

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion