Suggestions for 2019 Version

Re: Suggestions for 2019 Version

Postby CoachC » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:01 pm

One thing i've already mentioned to Gary are some changes that will make integration into the game easier for first time players. The suggestions here do get heard, and if there is enough agreement....they often will be addressed in the next version.
CoachC
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:15 pm

CoachC wants Gary to make a change that will require us all to have to chew on a towel while playing the game.

:p
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:20 pm

frankinho wrote:Few suggestions i believe this game would benefit from, sorry if any one of them have already been posted:

Roster views and depth chart:
- Roster view: have depth chart indicator and seniority also visible when switching between ratings, stats so that i always see where they are on a depth chart e.g. starting PG or a 7th player and whether they are a SR, JR etc. as per mock-up in the link (https://mega.nz/#!ZbwGBZiS!yF3B1TZU3a_k ... Bj47rcabm8)
- add more options for the roster views where you can set yourself what type of information you want to see
- setting rotations i'm sorry to say is a mess and not at all user friendly, its a chore to make adjustments and corrections in case of injuries or if you just want to get more minutes to younger players against lesser competition. I would suggest something a slider per player e.g. similar to what 2k games have and had since College Hoops 2k8 - it would be super easy to make adjustments

Recruiting:
- add HS JR, SO and FR and ability to start recruiting those guys early. This would make it more fun and recruit for the next couple of years in mind and also fix one problem currently where if you have a big budget and only a couple of scholarships which you use in the first window, there is no incentive for you to recruit at all. Well only in order to use all your budget so you get same or more next year but its just not engaging and makes little sence.

Player card:
- for own players: add additional option when you call your player - under playing style add option to "pass more"
- for redshirted players highlight that he is redshirted in his player card/profile

In-game:
- unless i'm mistaken there is no information displaying how many timeouts i have remaining, this is a must
- individual defensive settings - add option to tightly mark a player if he's doing well or a good shooter

Customisation:
- allow to change backgrounds, personal award names (e.g. Norton), personal award pictures

News:
- add more storylines and news to add more imerssion e.g. news article about this weeks upsets, high performing players, next week rivalry games, when records are broken, etc.

Passed these along to Gary (all except the one about display of # of timeouts remaining...that already is in the game with the YELLOW BARS that are on the lower portion of the in-game scoreboard that is below the court...they yellow bars disappear as timeouts are taken by each team.)
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby CoachC » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:17 pm

i've already sent my top suggestion for cb19 to Gary, but i'd like to hear what wayne and pg think about it first.
CoachC

Postby PointGuard » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:42 pm

CoachC wrote:i've already sent my top suggestion for cb19 to Gary, but i'd like to hear what wayne and pg think about it first.

CoachC...see my comments via a private message.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby frankinho » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:40 am

PointGuard wrote:
Passed these along to Gary (all except the one about display of # of timeouts remaining...that already is in the game with the YELLOW BARS that are on the lower portion of the in-game scoreboard that is below the court...they yellow bars disappear as timeouts are taken by each team.)

Thanks and wow how i didnt see the TO before, lol. My bad! :o
frankinho

Postby alternativestats » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:05 pm

I would like to be able to view rating info for players on other teams. Unless I am missing something I was not able to do this when I tried.
alternativestats

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:41 pm

You can do it for teams in your conference and teams out of conference that you have played, if I'm remembering correctly.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:26 am

Wayne23 wrote:You can do it for teams in your conference and teams out of conference that you have played, if I'm remembering correctly.

Right...and you can see it for teams on your schedule that you haven't yet played.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby alternativestats » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:59 pm

PointGuard wrote:
Wayne23 wrote:You can do it for teams in your conference and teams out of conference that you have played, if I'm remembering correctly.

Right...and you can see it for teams on your schedule that you haven't yet played.

Thanks for the replies. I was trying to look at the rankings of teams that weren't on my schedule and that's why they came up blocked.

Maybe make the ratings available for the Norton Award Candidates so that you can get an idea of what the top players at a position rate out to, even if they aren't on your schedule.
alternativestats

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion