Suggestions for 2019 Version

Re: Suggestions for 2019 Version

Postby ZorbaGarp » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:29 pm

More options for offense to reflect modern times. For example, a 3-out motion (which seems to be the current motion offense) and a 4-out motion.

More communication options, both in-game and out-of-game: encouragement both in time outs and in phone calls, quit shooting so much.

Off-season conditioning options customized for each player.
ZorbaGarp

Postby PointGuard » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:19 pm

Zorba...ok, and "start shooting more"...LOL

Sent your suggestions along to Gary.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby C-Bailey24 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:03 pm

In Tournaments, especially the NCAA, can we do away with the Home and Away team designations? Also in the current version whatever team is listed on the "bottom" of the matchup is considered the "Home" team no matter what the seed. This needs to be corrected because in the real tourney the higher seed wears the Home White jerseys.
C-Bailey24

Postby PointGuard » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:18 am

C-Bailey24 wrote:In Tournaments, especially the NCAA, can we do away with the Home and Away team designations? Also in the current version whatever team is listed on the "bottom" of the matchup is considered the "Home" team no matter what the seed. This needs to be corrected because in the real tourney the higher seed wears the Home White jerseys.

Passed this along to Gary.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby dwhansen777 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:26 am

1. Recruiting-during the recruiting season...in the weekly note by RA...would like to know when other teams offer campus visits/live recruiting efforts/offer scholarships...to recruits that I have on my watch/call lists. This would represent real world info that schools have on each others recruits...currently this "fog of war" doesn't match reality... these changes would have to be effectively used by the AI in their recruiting efforts...otherwise to much of an advantage is given to me...this change could be effectively offset by an increase in recruiting difficulty. For instance...if the AI can not be programmed to take advantage of these changes...then have an option during league set up for a player to chose this additional recruiting info option, but incur a higher recruiting difficulty to off set the advantage...player choice.

2. In game- have the option on a play by play basis to switch out of running a play from a specific set to one of 100% offensive freedom...and then back again at my option...totally under my control at the exact moments I chose vs. a setting the gets implemented anytime by the AI...the coach certainly has this option in real life as team brings the ball up the court and during timeouts...realism and in game tactical decision making enhanced!
dwhansen777

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:56 am

A few things that annoy me about starting up a new game:

1) I'd like my preferences saved so I don't have to change them each time--I often forget. Specifically, I'd like to see the tournament names that we need for reality to be saved after we have entered them for the first time.

2) I don't want to name my new save file until AFTER I have picked my college. I name my files after the school I'm playing and I don't always start with the team I'm thinking of, largely because:

3) I want to be able to start with any team, even a Power 5 one. As of now, I have to be the 1st Assistant there and I don't want to play that way. Let me start where I want to.

4) Make simming human the default or save my choice. I NEVER want to play out games and missing this and having to figure out how to play the first game because it is now too late to tick the box is EXTREMELY annoying and a waste of my time.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:20 pm

Other things I'd like to see added:

A way to download my player attributes into a database file so I can save them and work out how my players are developing. I'd gladly make an Open Office database setup to share with everyone that would import such a file for your team and allow you track development. However I need to get the info out of the game in a database file at a point of my choosing, not all of it in league export fashion.

Change the Basketball overall ratings to be meaningful. I'm a bit harsh here, however the current system in this game is much too random and inaccurate. Often I look at other teams and see they have 2-3 starters listed as 3.5/4.0 and when I compare them to my 2.0/2.5 starters, the skill level of my guys is often better. Which is a head scratcher. Also, I often see my players actual skill levels rise but their Basketball levels drop. My most irritating and frustrating occurrence of this was a my Center who came in 3.5/4.0 and top 100 recruit. He proceeded to be Freshman of the Year with great stats. He bumped more than any other player I've ever had in his Sophomore year attributes. And so of course his basketball rating dropped from 3.5/4.0 to 1.5/2.5 and the AI plugged him in as a bench player. Future ratings can change, sometimes dramatically, however the current overall level of basketballs should not drop when every attribute has gone up (and performance is there, too).

When I scout other teams, they ALWAYS have 3.5/4.0 guys starting and no one ever has a team of 2.0/2.5 guys starting, like I do. Yet I win easily against these teams. This issue makes it hard to scout opponents beyond who has the highest SCORING and DEFENSE attributes on the other team.

I think the current level of basketballs should always be the truth, that is, 100 percent accurate, withe future growth being the unknown. And potential can fall dramatically, too. If player comes in 1.5/4.5 and barely improves in attributes, his potential should drop from 4.5. If, for example this player came in and played Okay (nothing special) and his attributes barely moved, his next rating might be 2.0/2.5 thus showing he is a decent sub but not likely to be a starter until he's a Senior, at best.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby PointGuard » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:39 pm

Passing all this on to Gary.

A couple comments though:

Y_I_F:
#2--you can name the file anything you want when you save...so if you name it UMass.cbb while coaching at UMass and then you go on to coach at Wyoming, you can save it as Wyoming.cbb. (If I'm not understanding what you want, please let me know)

#4--you can go to OPTIONS and check mark "Default to simulating human games" and it will sim your games. (If I'm not understanding what you want, please let me know)
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:27 pm

PointGuard wrote:Passing all this on to Gary.

A couple comments though:

Y_I_F:
#2--you can name the file anything you want when you save...so if you name it UMass.cbb while coaching at UMass and then you go on to coach at Wyoming, you can save it as Wyoming.cbb. (If I'm not understanding what you want, please let me know)

#4--you can go to OPTIONS and check mark "Default to simulating human games" and it will sim your games. (If I'm not understanding what you want, please let me know)

#2, Yes I have to do that now, however that leaves me with a file and a folder to delete so as not to clutter my saved game folder. Not a tidy way to do things.

#4, Yes, that's how it is done now which is bad for me because i have to remember to reset this EVERY TIME. And I don't. Why can't my preferences be saved so I don't have to re-do all this stuff? I forget because most every other game I play saves my starting preferences (see FOF8 as a good example).

I'm simply trying to streamline my start because I play many games and little quirks like this frustrate me and sometimes cause me close the game in frustration.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:39 pm

I LOVE Y_I_F #1.
Wayne23

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion