Suggestions for 2019 Version

Re: Suggestions for 2019 Version

Postby C-Bailey24 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:02 pm

Your_Imaginary_Friend wrote:Other things I'd like to see added:

A way to download my player attributes into a database file so I can save them and work out how my players are developing. I'd gladly make an Open Office database setup to share with everyone that would import such a file for your team and allow you track development. However I need to get the info out of the game in a database file at a point of my choosing, not all of it in league export fashion.

Change the Basketball overall ratings to be meaningful. I'm a bit harsh here, however the current system in this game is much too random and inaccurate. Often I look at other teams and see they have 2-3 starters listed as 3.5/4.0 and when I compare them to my 2.0/2.5 starters, the skill level of my guys is often better. Which is a head scratcher. Also, I often see my players actual skill levels rise but their Basketball levels drop. My most irritating and frustrating occurrence of this was a my Center who came in 3.5/4.0 and top 100 recruit. He proceeded to be Freshman of the Year with great stats. He bumped more than any other player I've ever had in his Sophomore year attributes. And so of course his basketball rating dropped from 3.5/4.0 to 1.5/2.5 and the AI plugged him in as a bench player. Future ratings can change, sometimes dramatically, however the current overall level of basketballs should not drop when every attribute has gone up (and performance is there, too).

When I scout other teams, they ALWAYS have 3.5/4.0 guys starting and no one ever has a team of 2.0/2.5 guys starting, like I do. Yet I win easily against these teams. This issue makes it hard to scout opponents beyond who has the highest SCORING and DEFENSE attributes on the other team.

I think the current level of basketballs should always be the truth, that is, 100 percent accurate, withe future growth being the unknown. And potential can fall dramatically, too. If player comes in 1.5/4.5 and barely improves in attributes, his potential should drop from 4.5. If, for example this player came in and played Okay (nothing special) and his attributes barely moved, his next rating might be 2.0/2.5 thus showing he is a decent sub but not likely to be a starter until he's a Senior, at best.

The Scoring rating is heavily weighted in the Overall Rating which I've never liked. Case in point, a player like Draymond Green
C-Bailey24

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:25 pm

This issue just came up again as I reached the end of the first season in a new game. As the regular season ended, I selected 'Sim to Post Season' thinking it would take me to the beginning of the Conference Playoffs -- which to me is post-season.
However, the game blew past the conference playoffs straight to the tournament announcements.

Well, NO! I want a button that takes me to the beginning of my conference tournament. Instead of having to guess where to stop, simply go to the earliest date ANY conference tournament starts and go on from there. That would be much better.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby PointGuard » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:21 am

Sent these to Gary.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:52 pm

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but the coach hiring phase should not precede the budget request. If you are to get more money, then you should know that when you go to hire coaches. Having to wait one season before using the money on coaches is not optimal. Nor is it realistic.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby PointGuard » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:29 pm

Your_Imaginary_Friend wrote:I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but the coach hiring phase should not precede the budget request. If you are to get more money, then you should know that when you go to hire coaches. Having to wait one season before using the money on coaches is not optimal. Nor is it realistic.

Sent to Gary for his consideration.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:11 pm

I'd like to get a report or e-mail when a player completes a set of playing style instructions. Sometimes a player reacts poorly, but that is rare and I never get a sense of whether or not his pie chart slices have changed.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby PointGuard » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:55 pm

Sent this on to Gary.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:27 pm

I sent a zip file link of a scoring error I've observed several times, but infrequently, in the game. Totaling from the box score reveals one less point than the total score shown. The discrepancy is a player (in this case) with only two regular FGs (thus 4 points for the game) having a total column of 5 points. This is added into the game total of 75. However, there are only 20 FGs (40 points), 9 threes (9 points) and 25 made FTs for 74 points.

Anyone else ever noticed this?
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby PointGuard » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:13 am

Your_Imaginary_Friend wrote:I sent a zip file link of a scoring error I've observed several times, but infrequently, in the game. Totaling from the box score reveals one less point than the total score shown. The discrepancy is a player (in this case) with only two regular FGs (thus 4 points for the game) having a total column of 5 points. This is added into the game total of 75. However, there are only 20 FGs (40 points), 9 threes (9 points) and 25 made FTs for 74 points.

Have never noticed this kind of error. Just checked some of my boxscores and all were correct for both teams.

Think if you notice this again, you should send a save file to Gary so he can check out the particular box score and try to determine the problem.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:53 am

PointGuard wrote:
Your_Imaginary_Friend wrote:I sent a zip file link of a scoring error I've observed several times, but infrequently, in the game. Totaling from the box score reveals one less point than the total score shown. The discrepancy is a player (in this case) with only two regular FGs (thus 4 points for the game) having a total column of 5 points. This is added into the game total of 75. However, there are only 20 FGs (40 points), 9 threes (9 points) and 25 made FTs for 74 points.

Have never noticed this kind of error. Just checked some of my boxscores and all were correct for both teams.

Think if you notice this again, you should send a save file to Gary so he can check out the particular box score and try to determine the problem.

As per the first sentence of my post, already done!
Your_Imaginary_Friend

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion