Suggestions for 2019 Version

Re: Suggestions for 2019 Version

Postby darrellet86 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:46 pm

I would like to see a little bit more expansion to the season previews. There's a game for IOS called College Bball Coach. It's very simple, but the beginning of each season includes stuff already in DDSCB (season previews, top recruiting classes, Norton Award preview), but also includes Preseason Conference All Americans, and small conference previews highlighting the best players in each conference). Small little things that would add a little extra to the game :)
darrellet86

Postby darrellet86 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:47 pm

Also if we could make phone calls while quick recruiting that would be amazing. Unless I'm missing something lol
darrellet86

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:52 pm

Got it!
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby ZorbaGarp » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:21 pm

Here's another one. What if the coaching offers were presented as an email from the coach's agent? Could include not just open jobs, but include schools that are actively recruiting you? Too complicated?
ZorbaGarp

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:25 pm

I've been lobbying to make the hiring process more complex for years now. Got it!
Wayne23

Postby Double Dribble » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:24 am

I would also like conference record added to the coach history screen. as of now it just shows overall record rank and postseason finish.

per game records added for players in the almanac. currently its just total points, rebounds etc
Double Dribble

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:06 am

Got it!
Wayne23

Postby 23Zone » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:15 am

One of the things I am seeing right now that I have never truly understood is the meeting with the board at the end of the season. I think one of the most important things in the game is to have enough money to recruit and sign coaches. If you never get an increase in funding it is very hard to lead your team past a certain level because you cannot hire better coaches to find and train better players while still having enough money to recruit.

Can we somehow get a bit better visibility as to why they deny your request? (over and over...) Can they tell us what we need to do and how often?

I suspect their expectations have something to do with it but I have met all of them in 5 of the 6 years at a school and in one somewhere in the middle I missed it by one.... but still no more money. I don't know if there is a good way to do this but it would make the game more enjoyable to understand a bit better why... of course I could just leave for a school with more money at hiring time but what fun is that? :)
23Zone

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:18 am

Got it!
Wayne23

Postby jfsolo23 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:14 pm

The length of list may make it seem like I am unhappy with the game, but I actually really love it.

New recruiting pitch topics-Style of play, Pace of play, Coach Prestige-Some players should want to only play in an uptempo 3pt shooting offense, or a slow down inside-out offense. Some players should gravitate to a famous coach, others should want to play for up and comers.

Less extreme ratings fluctuations for recruits-Maybe it’s just a cosmetic change in the game currently, but rises or falls of more than 150 spots should be rare, and radical shifts such as a player going from #450 to #950 then back up to #700 shouldn’t happen. Even the worst talent evaluators aren’t that wildly inaccurate. If we were evaluating the players from their Frosh year to their Senior year then those large jumps might happen, but it shouldn’t be that extreme in just the Senior season.

More break out players
- The place where we should see the major shifts is after they get into college. The game seems to have a correct amount of busts(maybe too many), but not break out players IMO. A lot more players who get decent playing time, and have a great work ethic should make a one year quantum leap in their level of play regardless of the player development ratings of the coach. For example some players should blow up and go from “1.5” to “4.0” in one offseason.

Additional gameplay variety- A lot of 3’s happen in basketball when the defense is scrambling. Fast pace teams especially should shoot more early 3’s in transition off of turnovers if they don’t have a uncontested dunk or lay up and on kick outs after offensive rebounds if the rebounder doesn’t go straight up with the put back.

There should also be more dunks/lay ups in the half court off of dribble penetration with the passer drawing defenders and either lobbing or dropping the ball off for the finish. Most dunks now are off of the offensive players own dribble or on the fastbreak.

Poor ball handlers should mishandle their dribble more causing them to pick the ball up or lose the dribble out of bounds. There also should be more live ball deflections that stay in possession of the offense. More blocked shots should come from weak side help on drives to the basket and less from on the ball blocks of jumpers, and more blocks should go out of bounds instead of
jfsolo23

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion