Suggestions for 2019 Version

Re: Suggestions for 2019 Version

Postby ZorbaGarp » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:53 pm

Here's another - Need to be able to exit a game in progress and save it. I've been interrupted in the middle of a game before and have lost it because of that.
ZorbaGarp

Postby Wayne23 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:54 pm

Got it!
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby rtruesdell » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:36 pm

Wayne... long time since the last post, but I have a couple:

Ability to take a redshirt off during the season
When players announce for NBA draft after season, it should open up next-year scholarships, but doesn't now.
rtruesdell

Postby PointGuard » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:04 am

I thought Gary added some rare/occasional "unusual events" for CB2018, but I have yet to have one of those occur for my team and haven't noticed any for other teams (although I could have easily missed that). Not sure if that addition is working, so it needs to be checked/added/improved.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:05 am

1. For Tournament Maker, would be good to allow options on tourney size...not just 64 teams, but also 32, 16, 8, and 4.

Within CB2018 I've created smaller tournaments, but have to do so within the 64 -team format meaning I have to enter the teams I want for the smaller size tourney in a bracket or portion of a bracket, but still have to enter all the other teams into the 64-team set up. Should be able to just fine-tune the tournament size and then create that size tournament.

2. Also for Tournament Maker, individual tournament stats should be totaled for the games each team plays.

3. Also for Tournament Maker, would like an additional tournament FORMAT that has loser bracket(s) for 4, 8 and 16 team tournaments.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:19 am

Greater variety in the description of play-by-play action in games.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:22 am

In a previous version of DDSCB, we mentioned SG's were scoring too much and C's and PF's werent scoring enough. Gary adjusted and improved this, but the tweak was a little too much so that now SG's and SF's aren't scoring quite enough and C's and PF's are scoring just a little too much. Needs a minor tweak.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:31 am

Personal opinion: I think that the frequency of injuries occurring needs to be increased slightly. I believe real life teams have more frequent injuries that what we're seeing in CB2018.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:19 am

Right now player stats are either 'every regular season game' and 'post-season games, if you have any'. So everything is piled into the first bucket, and then the NCAA or NIT games get their own bucket, which is often empty or a merely a game or two and not added into the first set of stats.

I'd prefer to see 'All games' and then 'conference games only.' This would be much more useful than the current setup. It would not add any size to the saved game files since the program is already reserving these fields, however it would produce excellent additional information about how you compare to your main rivals.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby NCAAhoops » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:17 am

I would like to second PointGuard's Tournament Maker suggestion and have a few more selections for your tournament type. Maybe just using the Conference Tournament templates if it makes it easy. But at least a couple of tournaments with fewer teams required. Also Stats for the tournament would be a great addition as well!
NCAAhoops

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2018 General Discussion